In a city as diverse as San Francisco, cross-cultural mediation is the norm. This clinic, led by native Chinese speakers, will focus on how mediators of all backgrounds can be sensitive to and nurture resolution agreements with Chinese disputants.
We will discuss how to build trust and explore underlying issues when working with participants from Chinese cultures. San Franciscans with Chinese ancestry make up more than 25% of the population. Join us to learn how best serve the Chinese community as mediators and practice your skills.
Participants will learn:
- How to model best practices
- How to frame the meeting process
- How to build trust
- How to best use language, listen, and express understanding
Agenda topics will include:
- Chinese cultural norms and manners
- How emotions can prevent agreements
- Modeling best practices to nurture agreements
- How language, listening, and expressing understanding can encourage agreements
- Plus more...