The Children's Bureau within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
has released a new letter to child welfare leaders that details flexibilities that exist in IV-E programs to deliver services for youth and families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Flexibilities highlighted include:
• Enhancing foster care maintenance payments;
• Modifying licensing standards for foster homes;
• Allowing youth to re-enter extended foster care;
• Providing hazard pay for caseworkers; and
• Extending Chafee services to age 23.