Interested M3 and M4 students must submit a
to their campus Academic Success Counselor by
July 31, 2020
. Peer tutors will be notified of their selection by August 10, 2020. If you served as a peer tutor during the 2019-2020 school y
ear, notify your campus ASC
July 31, 2020
if you intend to continue serving.
What does a peer tutor do?
Peer tutors model effective study techniques and assist students with developing analysis and critical thinking skills through question application and understanding of difficult concepts. They provide assistance via individual and group sessions and may volunteer to host content review sessions.
What are the qualifications?
There are many characteristics that are considered when selecting student tutors:
- Enjoys teaching and assisting others
- Good listeners and communicators
- Respectful, approachable, strong leadership skills
- Collaborates with others
- Strong academic performance and understanding of material
Why should I become a peer tutor?
- You are being paid to study
- You have a flexible schedule and can work from campus or remotely
- It is an excellent leadership opportunity
- You will receive training in effective tutoring strategies
- You can choose which modules/subjects you tutor and whether you want to participate in individual or group review sessions