Monthly Bell Ringing to Call Awareness to Climate Change
ONC and several other churches that are part of the Marblehead Ministerial Association continue with the ringing of their bells at 11am on the 11th of the month for 11 minutes to call attention to the need to take 11th hour action about the climate crisis. In doing so, we are joining this important initiative which was started earlier this year by churches in Cambridge and Cape Ann to ring their bells on the 11th of each month.
The United Nations Climate Report issued in February found that climate change is happening even faster than anticipated and drastic action is needed now. Coastal communities such as ours are especially vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
How you can make a difference:
· Contact your elected officials and urge them to support environmental initiatives.
· Research environmental positions of candidates this Fall. Vote accordingly!
· Walk, Bike, Carpool & use Public Transportation whenever possible.
· Turn off your computer and appliances when not in use.
· Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
· Visit http://www.sustainablemarblehead.org/in-your-home for more ideas for reducing your carbon footprint.
Anyone wishing to volunteer as a monthly bell ringer for climate action should contact Mimi Hollister (email@example.com or 781-910-2376).