The Great Venice Toy Drive & Holiday Festival, a project of the Venice Neighborhood Council ("VNC"), Vera Davis McClendon Youth and Family Center ("Vera Davis"), and the City of Los Angeles is underway! The Great Venice Toy Drive & Holiday Festival is a two-part holiday event for Venice stakeholders. The first part is the toy drive.
VNC and Vera Davis will collect new, unwrapped, non-violent toys at various locations
Then, on Saturday, the VNC and Vera Davis will give the toys away to local kids, during a fun-filled day at Oakwood Recreation Center
Toys can be dropped off
(1) Abbot's Habit, 1401 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
(2) CaliSons, 2013 Ocean Front Walk
(3) HUZZAH!, 2010 Lincoln Blvd.
(4) Le Cellier Wine Bar & Restaurant, 417 Washington Blvd.
(5) Oscar's Cerveteca, 523 Rose Ave.
(6) Superba Food & Bread, 1900 Lincoln Blvd.
(7) the VNC booth at the Venice Farmers' Market (Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.), intersection of Venice Blvd. and Venice Way,
(8) Councilman Bonin's Westchester Office, 7166 W. Manchester Ave.
(Make sure to look for the bin with the reindeer riding the bicycle!)
The toy drive culminates
SATURDAY, December 19,
in a free holiday festival to be held at Oakwood Recreation Center from 10:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. At the festival, children up to sixteen years of age present with a parent or guardian will be able to select a toy. (First come, first served.) Santa will be available for photos. Kids will be able to engage in arts and crafts or play on a moon bounce or in the snow. There will also be facepainting as well as a caricature artist and deejay. Food will be provided.
Interested in helping, donating, sponsoring, sharing an idea, or having a collection bin at your company/place of employment? Contact