OPPOSE LB276 Physician Not Needed at an Abortion
Please provide opposition testimony so this legislation will be killed in committee!
1. Best: Travel to Lincoln to testify in person in Capitol Conference Room 1113 at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, Mar. 12th. Bring 13 copies of your written testimony – 12 to hand to the committee clerk and one for you to read. Practice so your presentation is less than 3 minutes in length. [Directions for parking: Take Exit #401 south off I-80 and drive past Memorial Stadium and the City County Building. Turn left (east) on G Street. When south of the capitol, park in the residential area. Walk into the Capitol at the south door. Walk straight ahead to Information Desk & ask for final directions to the Hearing Room #1113]
2. Second Best: Email written testimony with your own experience
SUBMITTAL DEADLINE for Email testimony is 12 noon CST, Thursday, 3-11-21 at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Select 1 or 2 talking points and add a personal experience or story. Then email to the Judiciary Committee — email@example.com no later than Thursday, 3-11-21, at 12 noon CST.
B. “Your letter must identify the bill or resolution number, include your name and address, state your position for, against, or neutral on the bill (or resolution) in question and include a request for the letter to be included as part of the public hearing record.”
C. Though not necessary, you can also email that same letter to all committee members individually as a CC to your email to firstname.lastname@example.org Here is their contact info:
TALKING POINTS TO OPPOSE LB276
1. Medical practices in the United States are based on the patient having the right to full information. Doctors need to be physically present to answer ALL the questions that each patient may have before, during, or after a surgical or medication abortion.
2. The doctor who performs a surgical abortion or administers the abortion medication (mifepristone) must be present to handle the negative complications of each abortion that require immediate medical attention: Heavy bleeding (enough blood to soak through two sanitary pads in 2 hours), Abdominal pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, or Fever for more than 24 hours after taking mifepristone or having a surgical abortion. (i.e. Simply recall some of the frightening scenes from the movie, “Unplanned.”)
3. The doctor who administers mifepristone must be present to provide insights and counsel for those women who have an anxiety attack after they realize that they just murdered their pre-born baby.
4. Pro-abortionists have claimed for the 48 years since Roe vs. Wade that “abortion is needed to protect the health of the mother.” If they are being truthful, then pro-abortionists should also be opposing LB276 since the patients would not go through a proper history and physical examination by the healthcare provider. In addition, common sense would indicate that the physician who performed the abortion MUST be present to handle all the potential negative complications from a surgical or medication abortion.
5. The language changes proposed in LB276 implies that having a medication abortion is a simple medical procedure like cutting off a hang nail or placing an ice cube on a minor skin burn. This a travesty because the exact opposite is true. A surgical or medication abortion is always a SERIOUS medical procedure. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has reported that 431 abortion-related deaths occurred in its 1973 to 2014 abortion surveillance study.
6. Abortion is the murder of an innocent pre-born baby. Murder is always wrong, so each abortion is always wrong. Human life begins at conception, when a new American citizen is created. Each citizen is entitled to all the protections of our U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. Therefore, each pre-born baby has the right to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness the same as every other baby, child, teen, or adult in the USA. Abortion should be outlawed in Nebraska.
Vote NO on this bill because it needs to die in committee.
Thank you, Mark Bonkiewicz, NFFV Board Member