Even though we are still open this Sunday, please use discretion about your attendance.
With Covid 19 at an all time high in Defiance County, we should consider the warning that Bishop Palmer just sent out to all the churches in our conferences.
Please Read Bishop Palmers Statement
So, you need to know I am not “shutting you down.” I am however asking you in your context to do what will protect and preserve life. If you are able to pause some in person gatherings for the next couple of weeks without your bottom falling out you have my support. If you chose to have in person church gatherings and will do so employing clear and strict protocols you have my support.
Many of our churches have done this exceedingly well. I have worshiped and preached in a number of these settings. Their best practices and what I commend to you and expect from you look like this:
- Defined limit on the number of people in the room based on the room size
- Clear and observed distancing guidelines sitting or standing; six feet is the minimum
- Wiping down surfaces that people use and will use in bathrooms, offices, sanctuaries, and meeting rooms
- Temperature checks for all people entering the facility
- Masks or shields worn consistently
- Visible and easy access to hand sanitizing
- As you are able improving air movement and filtration systems'