Many thanks to those who were able to come out Saturday for the parking lot dedication. Among other things we took the opportunity to unveil the 10 Commandments of Parking (as compiled by Anna Greenwood-Lee and Bob Herold)
10 Commandments of Parking - If you have a way to improve these please let me know!
1) Thou shalt not have no other parking lots other than this one.
2) Thou shall not idle in this parking lot.
3) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain - even if the person in front of you is taking an inordinately long time to park.
5) Honour thy father and thy mother - and the blue parking spaces reserved for they and those like them.
6) Thou shall not park outside the lines or back into the stalls. After parking, thou shalt not amble slowly down the very middle of the lane, least thou vex those behind thee.
7) Thou shalt not park thy 45-foot Airstream trailer in the parking lot.
8) Thou shall not drive the wrong way in the one-way parking lot.
9) Thou shalt not bear false witness if thou dost back into another car.
10) "Thou shalt not covet the parking spaces closest to the church on cold or rainy days. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours car, truck, SUV, bike, donkey, or anything else belonging to thy neighbour