What are hair triggers? These are ten things that all of the Middle School faculty have a consensus on that if they witness any of these student behaviors, they will respond immediately.
The Roycemore Student-Parent Handbook goes into much detail regarding the expectations of student behavior. All students are expected to abide by the handbook and our school’s Core Values: Respect, Compassion, Integrity, Scholarship, and Community. There are some behaviors, however, that warrant immediate action and intervention. The Middle School faculty are in agreement that if any of the following are demonstrated by a student that the faculty member will:
1. Intervene immediately,
2.Stop the behavior, and
3.Address the behavior appropriately.
- Physical abuse/attack of anyone in the building
- Racist/homophobic expression (verbal, or written)
- Inappropriate profanity towards/directed at someone
- Verbal abuse/violence (written/spoken and digital)
- Intentional or deliberate disruption of class
- Destruction of property
- Failure to follow technology acceptable use policy
- Bringing chromebooks/technology into Dining Hall
- Possession of vaping/smoking, alcohol, cannabis etc.
Our focus at Roycemore is always to emphasize the positive, however, it is important that students understand the expectations of being a part of the Roycemore community and that while we want them to have a lot of fun, and learn and grow tremendously, they are expected to live within the boundaries that we have established.
We encourage you to find opportunities to talk with your child(ren) about these expectations and more importantly, our cherished core values.