The Latornell Professional Development Subcommittee wanted to reach out to get your thoughts on Professional Development and set the course for Latornell PD events in 2019 and beyond.
The Latornell Professional Development and Mentorship Program fosters opportunities for learning, career growth and networking within the environmental sector. See website at
Last year the PD was involved several events that you may have been able to attend:
- Careers in Conservation Lunch and Learn with St. Clair Conservation Authority and Credit Valley Conservation;
- Lost Rivers Walk, Toronto’s Port Lands, with Toronto green Community, the Latornell Professional development and Blue Drinks Toronto;
- Seminar N’ Snowshoe, with Cataraqui Region CA, Sustainable Kingston, and Frontenac arch Biosphere Reserve;
- Several Events throughout the symposium including a professional development breakfast with keynote speaker Cher Jones;
Please provide any ideas you have on events/opportunities that exist within the environmental sector that would align with the Latornell PD Program Principles (see website above, Respect of others, Two-way street, Organic, Many ways of learning, Pay-it-forward).
We want to know what needs in terms of PD are out there that the Latornell PD Program could help with/support.
- Help us get a sense of what great initiatives are already out there, and what people in the environmental sector are looking for in regard to Professional Development;
- Feel free to provide “written testimonials” on what Professional Development or Mentorship opportunities have helped you in your career journey no matter what stage you are at, especially if in relation to a past Latornell PD Program events.
Your written response is appreciated and will help us set the course for 2019! You can email
with your response or reply to this newsletter.
Latornell Professional Development Subcommittee