SPRING AWAKENING LAWYER RETREAT
Gray Bear Lodge Retreat Center - Hohenwald, Tennessee
March, 5-8 2020
Retired Judge Steve Hornsby and attorney/yoga teacher Cindy Pensoneau will co-facilitate this affordable three-day Spring lawyers retreat. Enjoy community, connection and intentional practices to enhance personal wellness and professional satisfaction at a simple, rustic retreat center located on 400 acres, 2 hours from Nashville and 3 hours from Memphis.
- 9 Hours dual/ethics CLE Approval pending.
- Accommodations include three organic vegetarian meals daily, yoga studio, hammocks, library and more.
- Lawyers, judges, law students and professors, and other members of the legal profession are welcome!
MILS 2020 CONFERENCE SIGNUPS ARE OPEN
Mindfulness and Civility in Challenging Times: A Pilgrimage to Memphis
Memphis TN, June 11-14 (Date Update - Spaces Limited)
Join us on an interdisciplinary, nonpartisan exploration of how meditation and practicing mindful awareness can impact civil behavior and dialogue in today’s challenging social and political environment. Live and on-line.
- Keynote speaker Rhonda Magee, author Community Engaged Mindfulness
- Reception at the Lorraine Motel, home of the National Civil Rights Museum
- Visit to Thich Nhat Hanh Monastery
- 12 hours CLE pending, including ethics, professionalism, and substance abuse.
'TIS THE SEASON TO SUPPORT MILS'
A MILS membership is the perfect holiday gift for the lawyer or law student who is interested in mindfulness. A one-year membership is only $75 and includes one hour of free ethics CLE. Law student memberships are free! You can also support MILS with your tax deductible charitable contributions. Thank you for being a part of this growing national mindfulness in law movement.