Pig-in the Blanket Work Nights
We received an overwhelmingly positive response to the pig-in-the-blanket fundraiser. Thank you for placing orders and for reaching out to friends and family for orders. This fundraiser has reached so many people in Iowa and in other states and we have surpassed the number of pig-in-the-blankets that we sell at Tulip Festival.
Here is what you need to know about the work nights:
Monday, September 28 is for families with a last name from A – N. We will be prepping meat and dough for the pig-in-the-blankets. Start time is 6:30pm. Please bring an 8x8 pan, a pastry blender (if you have one), and one large bowl to mix dough in.
Tuesday, September 28 is for families with a last name from O – Z. We will be assembling pig-in-the-blankets. Start time is 5:30pm. No supplies are needed for this night.
- Each family needs to send at least one parent to work on your assigned night, but both parents are welcome to come. There is some heavy lifting so men are appreciated! This year we will also allow students in 7th grade and older to help. They cannot work in place of a parent, but they can come and work alongside a parent. If you know of anyone else who is willing to help (friend or family), please invite them to come along. If you cannot work on the night you are assigned, please switch with someone for the other night.
- Are you interesting in seeing the full process of making pig-in-the-blankets? We would love to have you join us for both work nights.
- Masks will be required. We ask that you bring your own mask from home.
- You need to wear a hat or a hairnet. Hairnets will be available at school.
- In the past, we have spent approximately 2 hours working each night. Because we are making more pig-in-the-blankets than at Tulip Festival, please plan to be here for a longer amount of time.
We look forward to these two work nights and the community that is built while supporting Orange City Christian School. What a blessing to come together as a school family and provide this service to the community.
Fall Pig Committee: Vicki Schrock, Kim Vande Zande, Stephanie Klemme, Kari Bousema, Jenn Mills, Sarah Altemeier, & Kristin Van Maanen
Monica Board Advisor: Rebecca Huizenga & Erin Driesen