Christmas Appreciation Project
As our staff community grows, it is sometimes hard for families to acknowledge all of the people who contribute to their child’s education and well-being at school. In order to assist families in appreciation, the Grade Level Coordinator Committee & Tiger PAWS have begun a Christmas Appreciation Project. This format provides families with an easy system to give a little extra to all the teachers/staff that have blessed their children’s lives, primarily those that may get overlooked for gifting because of lack of resources to give something substantial to everyone.
Special Note: Every family contributes to staff gifts via their child’s school registration fee. This includes classroom teacher gifts through the GLC program and a gift to all support staff from school at Christmas. This amount is roughly $4.00 a student. Because each family has already gifted staff in this way, participation in the Christmas Appreciation Project is voluntary.
Please refer to the attached form which lists all OCCS staff members and OCCS/Unity bus drivers as you follow these simple instructions:
- The blank at the top of the form where it says “From: _____” is to be used to fill in your name as you want it to appear on the appreciation card given to the staff members you are contributing to. Example: John Doe Family; John & Jane Doe Family; John, Jane, & Joe Doe; Anonymous
Write in your contribution amount for specific staff member(s). The number of staff members and amount of contribution is entirely up to each individual family. This information is kept confidential. Please make your gifts in whole dollar increments as change is not easy to work with.
- Total all the staff contributions and write one check to “Tiger PAWS”. Please note that because your contributions are going directly to specific staff members, checks written are NOT tax-deductible.
- Place the check and form in a sealed envelope, clearly labeled “Staff Appreciation”.
- By Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 3:30pm, please bring your envelope to the OCCS office.
- Each staff member will receive an appreciation card which will include the total gift amount given and a list of families that were contributors (the amount contributed by each family is kept confidential). Each student name will be listed on the cards for home room teachers.
- Staff members may choose how to redeem their gift through the TRIP program.
If you have any questions, please contact the Grade Level Coordinator Committee: Christina Zuiderveen, Jeff Taylor, and Sheri Hansen.