Bonnie Cox, President
Hilary Denk, Vice President, Issues
Heather Cunningham, Co-chair, Issues Committee
Claire McIntyre and Jean Pierce, Issue Specialists
RE: Senate Bill 1 Override in Illinois House scheduled for Wednesday, August 23rd
Wednesday, August 23
, the House is scheduled to vote on an override of Governor Rauner's Amendatory Veto of SB1, the Evidence Based School Funding Model.
League members are encouraged to take action as soon as possible in support of the override.
Action Needed as Soon as Possible:
- Call your state representative in his or her district office. Give his or her staff your name, address, and that you are a constituent and League of Women Voters member.
If you have already made a call, do this
morning to your representative's Springfield office.
- Follow this with an email repeating your phone message, OR
- Send your representative's Springfield office a post card with the same message
- Meet with them if you are able to get an in-district meeting on Monday or Tuesday.
- Watch and share this video by teachers who support SB1. It may be viewed even if you don't have Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/standillinois/videos/1609978919047239/
P.S. On August 13th, the Illinois Senate voted successfully to override the veto of SB1 on a vote of 38-19.