If you are properly prepared, there is nothing to be afraid of - Author Unknown
We are all practicing safe social distancing right now; however, what does that mean for your job search? It has to continue, but it will most likely be conducted a slightly different. Most job search activities like training, job fairs and interviews will happen virtually. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
Virtual Training Do's & Don'ts
- Don't neglect your professional development - When all this passes, and it will, what will you have to show for it? Did you make the best use of your time that you could by learning new skills, updating your LinkedIn profile or resume?
- Don't forget to mute yourself! - Make sure your mute button is on when you logon to the online training. Also, it is good etiquette to mute yourself if you are not speaking to avoid disturbing background noise.
- Do decide if video will be on or off - You should log in to the training several minutes before to check your video to see if it is on or off. Make sure if you are having your video on, that the background isn't too light or dark.
- Do check your Technology - Always test your equipment set up before the training starts. Make sure your connection is stable and that your webcam and microphone are in good working order.
- Do Prepare - Even though the training is virtual, prepare like you would any other training by having note paper handy, and anticipating questions you need to answer
Virtual Job Fairs
Employers are still hiring during COVID-19 and there are many virtual job fairs you can attend. Job fairs, whether virtual or not, are an opportunity to connect job seekers with companies that are hiring. Don't loose out on this valuable way to learn about open positions. If you are interested in learning more, join us on
Tuesday, April 21st
when we will host a free workshop on virtual job fairs. For more information, visit our
or email us at tailoredforsuccessinc@gmail to register.
TFS Resources for your Job Search
Styled by You! - Videos on how to put together the perfect interview outfit, decode business dress codes, dress for your body type and much more! Check out our