FIRST FUNDRAISER OF THE SEASON!!!
Take tonight off from cooking and doing dishes and head over for Lunch or Dinner at MOD Pizza in Maple Valley. This Thursday, November 5th all day long. Just mention or show this flyer at the register. Thank you for supporting Maple Valley HS Football.
PLEASE get cleared through FamilyID if you have not already done so.
TIME TO RETURN TO PRACTICE!!!
At the 10/27 school board meeting, athletics and activities were given the OK to resume meetings and trainings that follow the school district, governor and department of health guidelines.
We plan to start next week so all athletes will need to get cleared on FamilyID like they did earlier this summer – they will need a current physical. FamilyID site is active as of yesterday. FamilyID Link
- We will have trainings on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 12/19 (assuming the King County new COVID cases stays under the range that was approved in the proposal).
- We switched days so there are no conflicts for wrestlers and basketball players.
- We’ll be on the auxiliary field and in the stadium at the new HS
The athletes will need to complete an attestation each day they work out. This is the same process they’ll need to follow when they get back to school. Parents will be sent an email every morning. They will need to respond that their athlete is symptom free then return it. If the athlete has symptoms, THEY NEED TO STAY HOME.
- We will start with workouts for all players (grades 9-12) similar to what we did in the summer then progress to more sport specific practices.
- We will have our regular scheduled Zoom meeting today at 4:00 and the players will be given more details and a chance to get their questions answered.
Additional Information since previous email:
- Parents can make a change when they receive the first attestation email and get their message via text. Once they get the hang of it, takes about 10 seconds. Email /text will come every day. Needs to be done every day we practice.
- No spectators allowed to gather in the bleachers – wait in the car or leave and come back
- No sharing of water bottles and equipment
9th and 10th graders will be on the upper field, 11th and 12th graders in the stadium
If you have questions, email Coach Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check out this amazing opportunity for our players from our Trainer Howie Humbyrd and his partners at Proliance Orthopedic and Outpatient PT!
Click link for flyer and more details.