Time again to take out my crystal ball (or magic eight-ball) and have a little fun predicting what will happen next year.
to see the complete list of predictions;
to see how I did with my 2017 predictions.
Some highlights (or the short version) of my predictions:
1) No indictment of Trump, but maybe a relative or two - can you say pardon?
2) The Democrats do not take back the House or Senate, and wave goodbye to Leader Pelosi.
3) Both parties continue to splinter and the primaries turn ugly.
4) No major legislation gets passed and the finger pointing accelerates. (This prediction assumes tax reform passes this year - if it doesn't it will pass early next year.)
5) No retirements at the end of the Supreme Court's current term.
6) On the international scene, May falls in the UK, but Merkel survives.
7) ISIS-inspired lone wolf attacks continue, Trump dumps the Iran nuclear deal and there is no second Arab Spring.
8) Bitcoin bubble bursts, but doesn't take the system down with it.
9) A market correction of 10%, but still positive single digit returns for stocks for the year as a whole on the back of corporate profits.
10) Fans of Clemson (football), the Pats, Duke (basketball), Tampa Bay (hockey), the Warriors and the Yankees will be happy.
Enjoy the rest of the holiday season, and I wish everyone and their families a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2018!