Welcome to this issue of the eForecaster, the IIF newsletter for the forecasting community. We hope you like our new, mobile friendly design!
If you would like to submit content to our newsletter or have any comments, please contact us.
Forecasting in the News
Top Three Customer Questions
Here are a few of our most commonly asked customer questions:
- Does an IIF Membership include both hardcopy and online access to our journals? Yes. Members have complete online access to all past issues of the International Journal of Forecasting and Foresight, and they receive our quarterly journals by post.
- Are there opportunities to receive funding for research? Our two most active grant programs are Travel Assistance Grants to attend our annual symposium and the SAS-IIF Research award on improving forecasting methods and practice.
- How do I stay in touch with the latest forecasting research? The IIF blog shares the latest news about our programs, the field of forecasting and our members. It is also a useful tool for asking questions to the larger community. Contact us, if you're interested in posting to our blog.
We are now accepting invited sessions, abstracts and registrations! We have an amazing array of Speakers from academia and business
, including Amazon, Walmart, UC San Diego, University of New South Wales, Booking.com and more.
The International Symposium on Energy Analytics 2017: Predictive Energy Analytics in the Big Data World
Cairns, Australia, June 22-23, 2017
Forecasting Issues in Developing Economies
Washington, DC, April 27-28, 2017
Tools and Analytical Techniques in Forecasting with Massive Data in Real Time
Microsoft Technology Center, Times Square, NY, USA, April 20-21, 2017
- The 2016 Foresight Practitioner Conference was held October 4-6 in Raleigh, North Carolina, in partnership with the Institute for Advanced Analytics of North Carolina State University. The theme was Worst Practices in Forecasting: Today's Mistakes to Tomorrow's Breakthroughs. The program is available on Foresight's website.
- The 2017 Practitioner Conference is being planned for November 2017. Sign up for the conference mailing list to receive updates.
- The Winter Issue is out! Our special feature takes a look at new research on the effectiveness of collaboration in forecasting and planning - fresh perspectives on our "forecasting paradigm."
- Coming soon! A digital-only subscription to Foresight. Visit our homepage to take a test drive of Digital-Foresight.
IIF Membership - Resources
- Interested in submitting guest content to our blog? This opportunity is complimentary to our members.
- Looking to fill a job opening within your organization? You can list the position on our website - free of charge to members.
- If you have a forecasting-related conference, workshop or call for papers, we'll add to our website ~
submit your event