County Beaches Will Open
Monday, May 18th!
Dear Town Residents and Visitors:
Beginning Monday morning at sunrise it is time for sand, surf, sun, and fun. The County Board of Commissioners voted Friday morning to re-open County beaches. The vote was 5-2. The restriction on beach concessions was removed. So, our Town Beach and the town private beaches will open Monday morning.
Given that “the Season” is over, the beach restrictions are removed, and the readership of the news update is high, we are storing the Town entrance bulletin board for the summer. So, check your email for news updates.
Last week the County Commission voted 4-3 to re-open County beaches on Monday, May 18
, with the restriction that no concessions were to be allowed. However, they agreed to review that issue at a special meeting that was held today, Friday, May 15
. During the Friday debate, it was decided to remove the concession restriction. However, it was agreed that the County beach at South County Inlet Park in Boca will follow any restrictions that Boca Raton may put in place. (Boca is concerned about a crunch of folks coming from Broward County, where the beaches remain closed and therefore may place additional restrictions on their beaches.)
The Town Plan for Beach Re-Opening:
- Town Beaches will open at sunrise on May 18th.
- Lifeguards will return to duty during their normal hours: 10 am - 5:00 pm.
- Town parking lots will remain CLOSED. There will be a turn around area at the beach parking to facilitate drop off of people and beach chairs and such.
- The beach restrooms are still under renovation. Therefore, the Community Center ground floor restrooms will be open for beach users.
- Beach Cabanas will be allowed at 50% capacity to ensure proper social distancing. They will be spaced at least 10 feet apart.
- Folks using the beach are requested to maintain social distancing of at least six feet, ten feet is better.
- PBSO deputies will be patrolling the entire beach area, public and private, to encourage social distancing. Please cooperate.
- Folks fishing on the pump house jetty or elsewhere along the Inlet will be asked to maintain social distancing of 10 feet.
- PBSO deputies will also be patrolling the Inlet walkway on a more frequent basis.
If you are a beachgoer: ENJOY.