Weather permitting, drivers can expect
weekend work Oct. 4-7
for crews to construct new pavement at median cross-overs as part of the Route 7 Corridor Improvements.
During the work, median breaks on Route 7 will be closed at
Utterback Store Road and Bishopsgate Way
, and d
rivers can expect
left-lane closures in each direction from Reston Parkway to Amanda Drive during off-peak hours
Work will begin
after peak traffic hours Friday evening, Oct. 4, with all closures reopened by Monday, Oct. 7 at 5 a.m.
Please allow extra travel time through the area during this period.
More details on the weekend work by location:
Utterback Store Road
- The Route 7 median will be closed; drivers can turn right-in/right-out (see map).
- Traffic from eastbound Route 7 to Utterback Store Road may:
- Turn left onto eastbound Georgetown Pike, then right onto southbound Utterback Store Road, or
- Continue east on Route 7 to U-turn at Baron Cameron Avenue/Springvale back to Utterback Store Road.
- Traffic from southbound Utterback Store Road to eastbound Route 7 may turn right onto westbound Route 7 and U-turn at Reston Parkway.
- Pedestrian access across Route 7 at Utterback Store Road will be closed.
- All closures are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 7.