Per the extension of the emergency orders, the following trails and trails systems will remain closed:
- The Dale Ball Trails (which are accessed off of Hyde Park Road, Cerro Gordo Road, Upper Canyon Road, and Camino Cruz Blanca, including the Atalaya and Dorothy Stewart trails);
- The Sun Mountain Trail;
- La Tierra Trails;
- MX/BMX trails at La Tierra and the Metropolitan Recreation Complex (MRC)
While the existing fires do not put the city of Santa Fe at immediate risk, new fires can be easily started in the city’s vegetated open spaces through irresponsible human use, such as discarded cigarettes, sparks from vehicles and machinery, and behavior or actions that could cause a fire incident to break out.
To prevent fires, the City is also under Fire Restrictions that were initially implemented in March. The following are prohibited within city limits while the restrictions are in place:
- Smoking in public parks, recreation areas, or on any public trail;
- Using charcoal barbecue grills in public parks and recreation areas;
- The sale or use of some fireworks within the city of Santa Fe
- Open burning, including campfires, bonfires, pit barbecues;
- Burning of weeds, trash, or other vegetation;
- Using any motorized all-terrain vehicle or motorcycles on city owned open space, parks, trails, or other recreational areas
Click here for more information about the fire restrictions and resources for preparing for a wildfire emergency.