Just introduced for the Vertiv™ Geist™ rack power distribution units (rPDU) is the new, patented
Combination Outlet C13/C19
option that supports C14 and C20 plug types. This simplifies the purchasing and provisioning of new rPDUs and other rack equipment and is available for shipment now.
The receptacles on the Combination Outlet are color-coded by circuit for instant identification and are designed to provide high cable retention and P-Lock compatibility to securely lock power cords in place and eliminate downtime due to vibrations, human error, or accidental disconnects during rack maintenance. The Combination Outlet is UL tested and compliant.
Features and Benefits
- High retention outlets reduce the risk of costly downtime from accidental disconnections of the power cord. The Combination Outlet C13 / C19 is also P-Lock compatible for additional protection.
- Simplify cable management with the Combination Outlet C13 / C19 by simply connecting equipment to the closest available receptacle.
- Easily identify circuits with color-coded P-Lock tabs. Streamline circuit and phase balancing with alternating outlets.
- Choose your preferred power configuration with confidence that the rPDU will have the right combination of outlets available for rack equipment with C14 and C20 plug types.
- The Combination Outlet C13 / C19 meets global electrical compliance requirements and is UL Certified and CE Marked.
The Combination Outlet eliminates the complexity in deploying and managing IT rack configurations by adapting to any mix of hardware power configuration needs. When purchasing equipment, IT managers no longer need to define the type of IEC receptacle required or specify the location of receptacles on the rPDU, because every outlet accepts both C14 and C20 plug types. Moreover, data center managers can now avoid having to replace rPDUs as rack and power configurations change over time, substantially improving the lifecycle and return on investment for rPDUs. The Combination Outlet is available on the Vertiv™ Geist™ Upgradeable Basic, Metered and Unit-Level Monitored rPDUs, and Geist™ UPDU models.
Visit the rPDU Finder for a
complete list of Rack PDU models
available with the combination Outlet C13 / C19.