4-H'ers Rock at Public Speaking
It's the season for 4-H members to develop presentations and share their knowledge at the county, district, and state level contests.
Twelve young people, ages 9 to 16 presente
d on Friday, May 20th at the Cooperative Extension Center.
Each one qualified for the West District contest on June 18 at Western Carolina University.
Thanks to judges Dr. Pat Clow,
Bart Renner, David Mackey & Addison Bradley for sharing their expertise with the 4-H'ers!
The 4-H West District Activity Day event is free and open to the
public. Check it out and plan on presenting with 4-H next year!
The following young people plan to present:
- Judy Justus: Stop That Bully
- Alex Sweet: Growing Hot Peppers
- Mikayla Dobbins: Creating a Pallet Garden
- Abby Huter: Bottlenose Dolphins
- Meghan Hannon: Kitty, Kitty Care
- Destiny Dickey: Eating/Exercising for Better Health
- Caven Walker: First Aid
- Cjon Conley: Basic Conditioning for Football
- Madiera Duckett: Motivation
- Isaac Roberts: Swimming
- Pierce Roberts: The U.S. Government
- Ellery Zink: Talent: Violin