If I rent a City of Jacksonville trash can what do I do with it?
- The rental fee will be dropped effective January 1, 2023.
Based on the age and condition of the City of Jacksonville cans, it is in the best interest of the City and customer to leave these cans at residences. These cans may not be used for curbside collection after January 1, 2023. If you would like your City of Jacksonville can disposed of, please contact the City at 903-586-3510.
May I still use the City of Jacksonville trash can (or my personal trash can) for curbside service?
- No, the new curbside service requires use of the Republic Services 95-gallon carts.
What if I need more space?
- Residential customers may obtain up to three (3) additional 95-gallon trash carts from Republic Services. Additional carts for an additional monthly charge. Contact Republic Services at 903.586.5324 or 903-586-1499 for more information.
What if I have items that will not fit in the new 95-gallon carts?
- There are two easy options for these items:
The City of Jacksonville offers curbside bulky trash collection services to all residential customers. Click here to learn more or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customers may haul items to the landfill located at 440 Heath Lane. The hours are Monday-Friday 7 am – 4 pm. Fees apply, bring your water bill and ID for a citizen discount. The landfill accepts cash, credit, and check or payment.
Is there assistance for disabled residential customers?
- Yes, Republic Services offers assistance to those households that have no able-bodied persons to transport the cart to the curb and back. Please contact Republic Services at 903-986-5324 to setup this service. A physician’s note may be required.
Has the City considered curbside recycling service?
- Yes, the City has explored the addition of curbside recycling service. Currently, there are limited options, and none are cost beneficial to the customer.
Can I take my recyclable items anywhere?
- Yes, the landfill located at 440 Heath Lane will accept your non-glass recyclable items at no cost.