September 2021 - Top Stories:
1. Full Focus: A New Approach for Hiring Lab Directors
As the number of requirements and qualifications Lab Directors must meet have increased dramatically over the past 20 years, the resulting effect has been the drastic shrinking of the pool of qualified Director candidates. Hiring for technologists and technicians will be something your lab undertakes on a more regular basis, but the hiring of a Lab Director oftentimes requires a different approach.
Read on in this month's Lab Insighter to gain a better understanding of best practices for hiring a lab director, mistakes to avoid when working with a recruiter and why targeted feedback is the key to making the hiring process as smooth as possible.
2. Webinar: Is Your Lab Director Doing Their Job?
Lab Directors of clinical diagnostic labs are required to meet several qualifications to be approved by CLIA and/or an accrediting body as a Lab Director. However, given that requirements can vary state by state, it can be difficult to navigate the hiring process, especially when you may only need to hire a Lab Director a few times over the course of several years.
So, what should you look for when hiring a lab director, and more importantly, how do you know they’re effective in their role?
• Duties and responsibilities of a Lab Director.
• Best practices for recruiting and hiring a Lab Director.
• What to look for in a potential candidate.
• Pitfalls to avoid when working with a recruiter.
• A Q&A portion.