July 2021 - Top Stories:
1. Full Focus: Eliminating Kickbacks in Recovery Act (EKRA)
While EKRA was originally signed into law in 2018, there has been significant uncertainty concerning how the relatively new anti-kickback rule will be applied as the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency winds down. With the DOJ now ramping up enforcement actions under the law, clinical labs should be taking steps to ensure their compensation and marketing arrangements don’t run afoul of EKRA, which bars traditional volume- and value-based payment structures for employees.
Read on in this month's Lab Insighter to gain a better understanding of the exceptions allowed under EKRA and how to remain in compliance with the law.
2. Webinar: How to Keep Your Lab EKRA Compliant
In this webinar, hear from legal and revenue cycle management experts about the steps you can take to ensure your lab doesn't find itself in violation of EKRA or other anti-kickback laws. During this event, our panel will discuss:
- An overview of compensation arrangements barred under EKRA, including safe harbor exceptions.
- How the law interacts with and differs from Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Alternative compensation strategies for your sales and marketing employees.