Red Cliff Chippewa Housing Authority May update
Maintenance & Modernization
– RCCHA has a standard protocol for testing units for meth; currently being used at unit turnover, but set to done with the annual inspection on every single unit. The full policy will go before the Housing Board for approval at their monthly Board meeting on May 23, 2018.
It’s BEAR SEASON
! If you need to use a dumpster,
please use a bear proof dumpster!
Protect your family, the bears and the community!
is the week of May 21-25, 2018. Clean out that garage, storage, closets, etc. Reminder – if you put out the following your tenant account will be charged accordingly – tires ($2 each), electronics ($10 each) or appliances with Freon ($20 each).
– non-licensed, inoperable vehicles
must be removed
. Work with us to get these cleaned up in the community! They are health and safety hazards.
Recreational Vehicles -
Storage of recreational off-road and recreational vehicles (motorcyles, mini-bikes, ATV/UTV, boats, snowmobiles, campers, etc.) on RCCHA premises must be pre-approved by RCCHA.
Other Structures –
If you want a fence, shed or any other structure on RCCHA premises there are specific requirements and a request/approval process.
Seasonal prevention reminders
o Clean out the dryer lint trap regularly.
o Inspect and immediately report water leakages, toilets/faucets running.
o Check and replace smoke alarm batteries; and make sure alarms are in place and working.
If you suspect or have evidence of rodents and/or insects; be proactive!
Contact maintenance asap so proper pest control can be addressed to avoid harm to your family and the unit.
o Burn barrels are not allowed on RCCHA premises.
Occupancy & Residency
are a compliance element of participation in the Housing program. Get your annual recertification done as soon as you receive your paperwork.
- LIHTC projects have their own unique eligibility and compliance elements. In addition, HUD requires us to use our housing stock to its maximum capacity. These two elements may necessitate a
Under policy, ‘RCCHA may direct a tenant to a smaller or larger unit, based on such conditions as mismatched family size to house size.’ We may also transfer one tenant to another project in order to be able to provide housing to another tenant who may not re-qualify for a LIHTC project unit.
Rent Payments -
If you are behind on rent, you must execute a payback agreement and be maintaining that agreement to be considered ‘current’.
Seasonal policy reminders
o Noise/Parties – Now that the weather has finally turned nice, it’s so much easier to socialize outdoors with our friend and neighbors. Just remember to be a good neighbor and keep the noise down. Tenants cited for 2 or more times for loud parties/noise are subject to lease termination.
o Pets – Each housing project has conditions, limits and costs for having pet(s) within RCCHA units. Please make sure your information is correct with the Occupancy Dept. The information will be checked for compliance at Annual Inspection time.
Livestock of any kind is not allowed in a RCCHA unit or on the premises. Nor are venomous snakes, lizards, etc.
o If you’re going to ‘hitting the road’ or your relatives are coming for a summer visit – please contact RCCHA Occupancy and advise them. There are policies and procedures for both temporary absences and temporary boarders to assure security.
o Protect your personal belongings with Renter’s Insurance. RCCHA carries insurance on only the housing units themselves.
2018 Spring Home Fair is Thursday, May 24
from 3:00-6:30 p.m. at Legendary Waters Resort & Casino.
What you’ll find there:
o Lenders, vendors, house plans. You’ll even be able to pull a free credit score! And see how much home you can afford!
o Information on keeping your home healthy & safe, insurance, home mortgage and other financial products/programs to help make home ownership a reality.
o Spectacular prizes, food and fun!
– We are in the midst of working up a schedule with mortgage lenders to have set on-site appointment times. We anticipate being able to offer this sometime in June. Please complete the home ownership interest survey to schedule your appointment.
Operations & Administration
· Housing Authority Offices are still located on Water Tower Road (Tenant Services at 37250 and Administration at 37240). Maintenance is still in their same location. Construction will be on-going through the summer.
Note: Please keep kids clear of construction sites, for their safety!
RCCHA Closed - Regular housing operations will be closed all day on Thursday, 5/24/2018
as we set-up for the Housing Fair Event and do Spring Clean-Up. Only emergency work orders will be done that day.
· Annual Inspections – Begin in June!
· May 24
– Spring Home Fair – Legendary Waters Resort & Casino.
· June 25-27, 2018 – HUD-ONAP Admissions & Occupancy Training – on-site at LW
· Board Meetings – May 23
(at Firehall); June 20
(at LW); July 18