- The Health Ministry Committee cordially invites Caregivers to a HOLIDAY BRUNCH. If you are a caregiver who has attended any of our support meetings over the last few years, we hope you will join us for some food and fellowship in the Lounge at 9:00 a.m.
PLEASE NOTE THE TIME CHANGE
. If you have any questions, please contact Brenda Chase (540-226-2628).
- BAPTISMAL CLASSES will begin on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. in preparation for the baptisms that will take place during the 11 AM Eucharist on Sunday, January 11, 2020 when we commemorate Jesus’ own baptism in the Jordan River.
DECEMBER 15 and 22
- Rehearsals for the Children's Christmas Pageant...
- SUPPORTING GRIEVING PERSONS DURING THE HOLIDAYS—Most everyone knows a loved one, a friend, a neighbor, or a co-worker who has lost someone and is struggling with how to deal with the holidays. Coping while grieving especially when others around you appear to be in a festive mood can be exhausting. Come join Randall Clingenpeel in the lounge at 10:20 a.m. for pointers on how to help grievers cope with the holidays.
- CHRISTMAS POINSETTIAS will decorate the church this Christmas. The cost is $10 per plant. If you wish to donate a plant, envelopes are available in the church entryway. Please place your donation in the offering or bring it to the office by TODAY.
- Trinity’s Monthly DROP-IN GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP meets again on Monday, Dec. 16 in the Health Ministries Room at 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Coping with grief during the holidays will be the focus. Direct any questions or concerns to either
- Join us after the 11 AM Eucharist for fellowship, food, and a little bit of work as we observe the annual GREENING OF THE CHURCH. Help prepare Trinity for our upcoming celebration of Christmas—and get to know some other folks in the process.
CONGRATULATIONS to those who were confirmed, received, or who renewed their baptismal vows when Bishop Jennifer Brooke-Davidson visited Trinity last Sunday! Patrick Brantley, Johanna Burton, and Michelle Deppel we’re confirmed. John Deppel and Nancy Griswald were received into the Episcopal Communion, and David Hosaflook renewed his baptismal vows.
ALTAR GUILD MEMBERS - There is a sign-up sheet on the church door. Please sign-up to help for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The ROBERT GARNETT family wishes to express their love and appreciation for acts of sympathy and words of kindness that have been so truly shown. “Thank you all for sharing in our loss of our dear family member Robert (Bowie) who will be greatly missed.”
BJ would like to thank all the people who volunteered and brought food for the Bishop’s reception this past Sunday. It was greatly appreciated.
ACOLYTE TRAINING – Anyone above fifth grade interested in becoming an acolyte is encouraged to contact Harry Dickinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-785-6023 so we can arrange a time for training. We need youth and adult help.
YEAR-END GIFT PLANNING – Did you know if you are over 70 1/2 and have to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) from traditional IRAs, you can have the custodian send a check to Trinity as a qualified charitable distribution that does not count in taxable income? This is a tax efficient way to take all or part of your RMD. It only works for IRA’s, not 401k’s. Consult your tax advisor.
YOUTH NEWS AND EVENTS
CLUB 45 will meet this Sunday, December 15 from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in Jamison Hall. We will have lunch together and watch a movie. Please bring a holiday snack to share.
A brief rehearsal for the CHRISTMAS PAGEANT will be held during Sunday school this Sunday, December 15th. Parents, if your child is in the pageant or is interested in participating, please make sure they are present on Sunday so that they will feel comfortable with when to walk in and where to stand during the pageant. Older children who will be narrators or members of the chorus should also attend the rehearsal. Children who will not be in the pageant should also come as Sunday school will follow the rehearsal. Please don’t hesitate to contact
with any questions.
YOUTH GROUP MEMBERS – Your next event is helping with the Greening of the Church on December 22nd following the 11:00 service. We will have lunch afterward and play some games.
IN OUR COMMUNITY
The CHAMBER CHORALE OF FREDERICKSBURG is performing a winter concert, “Rejoice! A Celebration of Hope, Joy and Peace”
here at Trinity
this Saturday, December 14th. There will be two seatings, one at 3:00 p.m. and one at 7:30 p.m. The concert will feature a collection of holiday music including Randol Allen Bass’s
, Martini’s “
Domine, ad adjuvandum me festina
”; excerpts from Britten’s “
Ceremony of Carols
,” and chorale excerpts from Bach’s
. Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students, available in advance at