The peace of the Lord be with you! I’m writing to communicate to you our plans for the week:
1. The World United in Prayer. Christians all over the world are planning to pray together on Wednesday, March 25. Pray for the world, for an end to sickness and also say the Lord’s prayer. The Lord’s Prayer is the closest thing we have to a universal prayer so it will be a way to be united around the world no matter denominational lines. In the Eastern time zone we are asked to pray at 7 am.
2. Drive-By Blessings. This Wednesday, March 25, from 6-7 pm, we will offer prayers and blessings. Simply drive up to the portico at church. No need to get out of your car! Bring your pets if you wish! We will pray over you and send you forth with a blessing. If you have anything do drop off at the church office or if you want to give your tithes and offerings, we will collect it all and make sure it gets to the right place.
3. There will be a graveside service for Larry Graham on Thursday. However, due to group limitations at this time (10 people max), we will record the service and upload the video as we have done with worship the past 2 weeks.
4. Thursday evening at 6 pm we will practice Lectio Divina (sacred reading) on Zoom. If you did not participate last week and would like to join in this week, just send me your email address by noon on Thursday. Next, go to
and download the app for your device. Zoom is best experienced on a laptop, smartphone, or tablet. If you don’t have a smart phone or webcam, you can call in and participate that way.
5. This Sunday, March 29, we will have our first ever Drive-In Worship Experience! We will have one service at 10 am. Participants come to the church, tune your car radio to 88.5 FM and enjoy the service. We will practice social distancing by staying in our cars, but it will be so nice to see each other and be together as a church family. Spread the word! In times like these, people still need God and the church and Trinity is uniquely poised to spread the word of God during this time in a safe and creative fashion. Communion will be BYOB (Bring Your Own Bread). Let’s make this fun! Bring your pets. Wear your pajamas if you want. But if you are not feeling well, please stay home until you are feeling better. We will plan to worship this way for the foreseeable future. For those who cannot attend or choose not to, we will record the service and post it online. Of course, should a shelter in place order come our way, we will adjust plans accordingly. Honk if you love Jesus!
The church offices are back open and operating with a skeleton crew. If you need anything, please give us shout. Take care of yourself. Be safe. Be kind. Wash your hands. Repeat.