Submit your prayer requests by emailing them to TLC@TrinityDowntown.com.
All prayers are kept on the list for a period of three weeks, so please resubmit long term prayer needs regularly.
Those Fighting Cancer
Lisa and Victor, Michael S., Jenny M., Jerry K., Barbara R., Jackie R., Mary, Doug H., Paul W., Rebecca M., Rita S., Alice, Brian, Jerry D., Corey, Cayden, Jeff M., Eva and Justin, Alex, Emma R., Annie B., Matt S., Joanna P., Matt B., Eva S., Barbara B., Mike T., Johnny N., Carolyn R., Mike R., Chip D., Doug, Brian, Terry B., Susan, Noah, Scott's mother, Paul B., Mickey, Melissa, Jack, Vickie and Terry, Bill B., Melissa, Alice, Gertrude, Dr. Ramon
Hazel, Chuck, Karen E., Lt. Joann H., Nadene K., Marcy, Patrick W., David S., Jake, Kaitlyn and Josh, Martha P., Stephanie, Jerry, Fern, Jerri, DJ, Deborah, Shane, Amanda
Surgery and Recovery/Recently Hospitalized
Charles W., Julie D., Jordan H., Chris L.
- For the process, person, and provision of an associate pastor
- For the two police officers who were shot and their families
- For all students and school faculty and staff beginning the new school year
- For all our veterans
- For all couples
- For all those affected by the fires in Hawaii
- For LCCP
Peace and Comfort
- For the family and friends of Paula Bowman
- For Anna and Curtis after their loss
- For the family and friends of Eleanor DeFreze
- For the family and friends of Howard Soost
- For the family and friends of Ruth McKinney
- For the family and friends of Eden
- For the Gamble family at the loss of their son
- For the family and friends of Carol Dunn
- For the family and friends of Joel Wright
- For the family and friends of Cpl. Norman Booth
- For the family and friends of Hank Dressel
- For the McCleese family at the loss of their son
- For Randy and sons at the death of their wife/mother
- For the family and friends of Janice Strobach
- For the family and friends of Tom Heeney
- For the family and friends of Jon Christensen
- For Amanda and Shane at the loss of Amanda's father
- For the family and friends of Sandy Allen
- For the family and friends of Robert Porak
- For the family and friends of Craig Baker
- For the family and friends of Myra Seaton
- For the family and friends of Corkey Hornsby
- For the family and friends of Shirley
- For the family and friends of Jeannene Adams
For those prayers that have been shared in confidence, you know the details, Lord. We lift them up to you.
Our Trinity Missionaries
- Wasmund Family in East Asia
- Trump Family in Kenya
- Clausing Family in Tanzania
- Lehman Family in Puerto Rico
- Blessings on all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!
- Thanks and praise for those whose health has improved.
- Thanks and praise for the staff and leaders at Trinity!
For Our Communities - For Our Nation - For Our World
We pray for our nation, for our nation's leaders, for its people, and for our future together as one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all! We pray that we may all be a reflection of Christ's love, sharing grace and mercy, living in peace with one another. Reach out, listen, connect, and have those hard conversations. Love is first. Love wins.
- For world, state, and local leaders in decisions
- For all those caring for aging and/or ill family members in need
- Prayers for our CDC staff & families, Trinity membership, and all Trinity staff & leaders
- For all those struggling with mental health issues
- For all those troubled by depression and broken relationships
- For all those unable to attend church
- For all those serving in our military
- For those who have lost homes due to storms and for those who are homeless
Prayerful Thoughts from Rusty Stephens
For the prayer within, we pray in the name of your son our Savior, Jesus Christ.
We know that when you, Heavenly Father, created the earth it was a perfect place totally without sin or any evil. Then Adam and Eve could not resist the temptation to eat from that one forbidden tree in the garden that you, God, did not want them to eat from. Everything changed from perfect to being sinful and corrupted by evil, compliments of the devil. Since then life would be much harder with all of the atrocities that come with it.
God, so much in this world is not good and is very different from the beautiful and perfect place of Heaven. This is an eternal place promised to anyone who believes in God’s only son Jesus Christ, then to you, Jesus, confesses all of their sins, ask for forgiveness, then through God The Father’s forgiveness be cleansed and made pure in his sight. In this life though, you Lord, give us glimpses and hints into the eternal excellence of what we have coming.
In the outdoors, a gorgeous sunrise or sunset with the sky in a beautiful array of colors. The bright spectrum of colors across the sky from a rainbow. A crisp autumn day with clear deep blue skies and in many locations the bright colors of leaves changing. Looking out at the shimmering blue water of a lake, down along a stream or river, or at the coast seeing waves crash onto shore. In mountains and rolling country, woodlands and grasslands deep in green. Plants in full bloom with flowers brightening up the landscape. Geological and rock formations also beautifying some areas of land. Did you ever think of this as being small glimpses of Heavens beauty?
In cities, towns, and neighborhoods, people working together for a good cause. When someone is having difficulty, a caring person whether known or not offering to help out. When an emergency occurs a Good Samaritan coming to the rescue. Small things like holding a door for someone struggling to get through, a genuinely friendly greeting, an encouraging and uplifting comment to someone having a difficult day, and a departure with a pleasant and caring message. Perhaps these are just small hints of the eternal love everyone has for each other in Heaven.
With our faith in you, Lord, we see your glorious works and experience your powerful love for us. People with little or no faith allowing the Holy Spirit to enter into them, thus becoming solid believers in you, Jesus. Anyone of any age who receives the magnificent cleansing of Holy Baptism, setting up a solid foundation in Christ. When youth and adults with enthusiasm search to find out more about you, Jesus, by researching the Bible and other truthful and useful means. At church in the fellowship of others you, Lord, provide a sanctuary for at least a little while to worship you, away from the sinful problems of the outside world. In church we hear your word, Lord, in the scripture readings and though an informative, uplifting, inspiring sermon which helps to bring the teachings of our Lord into today’s world. Also the music and singing of hymns and songs glorifying you, Jesus; along with the assurance that our sins are forgiven and we are cleansed totally through confession and absolution, and also by the body and blood of Jesus received through the bread and wine at Holy Communion. And not to leave out the Prayers where we ask you, Jesus, for aid to ones in need of help, healing, comfort or guidance, and issues that your direction is needed on, also to give you thanks for everything you do. Just a small amount of time worshiping our amazing God until our eternal worship in Heaven.
We thank you, Lord, for giving us these glimpses and hints into the beauty of Heaven. These help all of us to focus on you, Jesus, and continue our confidence in faith that the perfect place of Heaven is guaranteed to all of us who continue to follow you,Jesus. Jesus, you have told us that Heaven is a place free from the devil and all sin, pain, sickness, sadness, hate, bitterness, anger, violence, selfishness, untrustworthiness and any other negative happenings of this world. Instead we will have eternal happiness, peace, joy, beauty, wonderfulness and most of all the greatest love that we have ever known. Thank you, Jesus, for granting us this greatest gift to come and we look forward to seeing you there face to face.
Lord, we can just imagine that the devil will not even be remembered in the glory of Heaven. It’s wonderful to think if somehow the name of Satan came up in Heaven, that everyone there would be responding; “I don’t know any Satan; Satan who?
Lord In Your Mercy
Hear Our Prayer