Submit your prayer requests by emailing them to TLC@TrinityDowntown.com.
All prayers are kept on the list for a period of three weeks, so please resubmit long term prayer needs regularly.
Those Fighting Cancer
Sandy A., Mike R., Rev. Robert Besalski, Danny B., Linda B., Hank S., Penn M., Nancy K., Jay Z., Trevor S., Bob K., David K., Kim, Paul, JoAnn, Corrie H., Donald, Carolyn, Jim C., Diane R., Sigmond, Gary L., Preston, David V., JoAnn and Allan, Lisa and Victor, Michael S., Jenny M., Jerry K., Barbara R., Jackie R., Mary, Doug H., Paul W., Eva S., Rebecca M., Rita S., Alice, Brian, Jerry D., Corey, Cayden, Jeff M., Eva and Justin, Alex, Emma R., Annie B.
Hazel, Chuck, John L., Karen E., Jan, Jim, Bud K., Linda S., Sherry W., Jane L., Debbie, Max N., Mia
Surgery and Recovery/Recently Hospitalized
Steve E., Stephanie, Glen S.
- For the process, person, and provision of an associate pastor
Peace and Comfort
- For the family and friends of Clifford Sweatt
- For the family and friends of Joyce Saeger
- For the family and friends of Tom Grether
- For the family and friends of Gary Bowles
- For the family and friends of Anita Porter
- For the family and friends of Charles
- For the family and friends of Genie Shelton
- For Aunt Patty at the loss of her son
- For the family and friends of Dougie Hartwell
- For the family and friends of John Dankwardt
- For the Jupiter Family
- For the family and friends of Ruby Westbury
- For Liz Roberts at the loss of her mother
- For Sarah Joy and Jason at the loss of baby David
- For the family and friends of Ruby Brooks
- For the family and friends of Nina Melecki
- For the family and friends of Robert Kasper
- For the family and friends of Chris Sord
- For Sheryl W. and family at the death of her grandson
- For the family and friends of Bert
- For the family and friends of Pastor Paul Hoyer
- For the family and friends of Jan Fry
- Family and friends of Penn Marshall
- Family and friends of Cpl. Robert Guilfoyle
- Family and friends of Sherry Williams
- Family and friends of Rob Mamula
For those prayers that have been shared in confidence, you know the details, Lord. We lift them up to you.
Our Trinity Missionaries
- Wasmund Family in East Asia
- Trump Family in Kenya
- Clausing Family in Tanzania
- Lehman Family in Puerto Rico
- Blessings on all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!
- Thanks and praise for those whose health has improved.
- Thanks and praise for those who have returned safely from travels.
- Thank you for those who have graciously donated to the ministries of Trinity!
- Thanks and praise for the guidance and discernment of God!
For Our Communities - For Our Nation - For Our World
We pray for our nation, for our nation's leaders, for its people, and for our future together as one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all! We pray that we may all be a reflection of Christ's love, sharing grace and mercy, living in peace with one another. Reach out, listen, connect, and have those hard conversations. Love is first. Love wins.
- For world, state, and local leaders in decisions
- For all those caring for aging and/or ill family members in need
- Prayers for our CDC staff & families, Trinity membership, and all Trinity staff & leaders
- For all those struggling with mental health issues
- For all those troubled by depression and broken relationships
- For all those unable to attend church
- For all those serving in our military
- For the current war in Ukraine
- For those who have lost homes due to storms and for those who are homeless
Prayer Thoughts from Rusty Stephens
Heavenly Father, we pray to you in the name of your Son our Savior, Jesus Christ.
For most Christians, Christmas is a wonderful time of the year. We are celebrating the birth of You, Jesus our Savior, in worship and many other activities, one being the receiving of Christmas gifts. This is wonderful, but how long do those gifts stay with us? Even the most treasured gift kept throughout our lifetime will not go with us after You, Lord, bring our life to an end.
But there is one gift that will be with us throughout our life on earth, and continue with us into and throughout eternity. That gift started on the very first Christmas when a baby was born in a stable. That baby grew up in a humble family and went on in life to perfectly obey all of God's laws and never commit a sin, living this way being an impossibility for anyone else.
That person later went on to teach about God, perform miracles, heal the sick and injured, and bring several people back to life. He was telling us how much God loves us.
This person certainly talked the talk but He did not stop there. He walked the walk also and what a walk it was. In this walk, He showed the depth of God's love for us. At the end of His earthly life, His walk took Him into unbearable pain and suffering including severe abuse and being nailed to a cross where He gave up His life. He was totally innocent! This person is You, Jesus.
We could not live a perfect, sinless life. Only You could Jesus and You were that perfect sacrifice for us. When we believe, trust, and have faith in You, Jesus, and are truly sorry for all that we did wrong and for all we should have done but failed, and say "Jesus, please forgive me," You take our confession to God the Father, all is forgiven and made right in His sight. Jesus defeated sin on the cross, defeated the devil, and defeated death itself by rising on the third day rose. His ascension into heaven opened the way for all who believe in Him and confess their sins.
Also, Jesus, You don't just leave us hanging with our difficulties and problems in this life, but offer support and help when we turn those over to you and say, "Jesus, I need your help; I can't do this on my own." The problems usually don't go away instantly, but if we let Him guide us and resist the detours of temptation, then, in His time He will show us the way which may include people that can help us.
Lord, we don't deserve any of this yet out of Your amazing love for us, You save our lives. Jesus, we thank You so much for that gift You gave us on that first Christmas around 2000 years ago. The only gift that never gets old or disappears, but stays with us forever.
Lord in Your mercy,
Hear Our prayer.