Submit your prayer requests by emailing them to TLC@TrinityDowntown.com.
All prayers are kept on the list for a period of three weeks, so please resubmit long term prayer needs regularly.
Those Fighting Cancer
Sandy A., Mike R., Rev. Robert Besalski, Danny B., Linda B., Hank S., Penn M., Jay Z., Trevor S., Bob K., David K., Kim, Paul, JoAnn, Corrie H., Donald, Carolyn, Jim C., Diane R., Sigmond, Gary L., Preston, David V., JoAnn and Allan, Lisa and Victor, Michael S., Jenny M., Jerry K., Barbara R., Jackie R., Mary, Doug H., Paul W., Eva S., Rebecca M., Rita S., Alice, Brian, Jerry D., Corey, Cayden, Jeff M., Eva and Justin, Alex, Emma R., Annie B., Matt S., Joanna P., Matt B.
Hazel, Chuck, John L., Karen E., Debbie, Max N., Mia, Barbara B., Gail K.
Surgery and Recovery/Recently Hospitalized
Steve E., Stephanie, Glen S., Mary B.
- For the process, person, and provision of an associate pastor
- For Crystal F.
- For Olivia and Chris
- For the Miller family
- For Curtis K.
- For those who serve in the military
Peace and Comfort
- For the family and friends of Clifford Sweatt
- For the family and friends of Joyce Saeger
- For the family and friends of Tom Grether
- For the family and friends of Gary Bowles
- For the family and friends of Anita Porter
- For the family and friends of Charles
- For the family and friends of Genie Shelton
- For Aunt Patty at the loss of her son
- For the family and friends of Dougie Hartwell
- For the family and friends of John Dankwardt
- For the Jupiter Family
- For the family and friends of Ruby Westbury
- For Liz Roberts at the loss of her mother
- For Sarah Joy and Jason at the loss of baby David
- For the family and friends of Ruby Brooks
- For the family and friends of Nina Melecki
- For the family and friends of Robert Kasper
- For the family and friends of Chris Sord
- For Sheryl W. and family at the death of her grandson
- For the family and friends of Bert
- For the family and friends of Pastor Paul Hoyer
- For the family and friends of Jan Fry
- Family and friends of Penn Marshall
- Family and friends of Cpl. Robert Guilfoyle
- Family and friends of Sherry Williams
- Family and friends of Rob Mamula
- Family and friends of Marilyn Blackwood
- Family and friends of Jim Bohlmany
- Family and friends of Lee Roby
- For Lee and Devon at the loss of their father
- For the family and friends of Karen
- For the family and friends of Sam Audeykiwics
For those prayers that have been shared in confidence, you know the details, Lord. We lift them up to you.
Our Trinity Missionaries
- Wasmund Family in East Asia
- Trump Family in Kenya
- Clausing Family in Tanzania
- Lehman Family in Puerto Rico
- Blessings on all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!
- Thanks and praise for those whose health has improved.
- Thanks and praise for those who have returned safely from travels.
- Thank you for those who have graciously donated to the ministries of Trinity!
- Thanks and praise for the guidance and discernment of God!
For Our Communities - For Our Nation - For Our World
We pray for our nation, for our nation's leaders, for its people, and for our future together as one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all! We pray that we may all be a reflection of Christ's love, sharing grace and mercy, living in peace with one another. Reach out, listen, connect, and have those hard conversations. Love is first. Love wins.
- For world, state, and local leaders in decisions
- For all those caring for aging and/or ill family members in need
- Prayers for our CDC staff & families, Trinity membership, and all Trinity staff & leaders
- For all those struggling with mental health issues
- For all those troubled by depression and broken relationships
- For all those unable to attend church
- For all those serving in our military
- For the current war in Ukraine
- For those who have lost homes due to storms and for those who are homeless
Prayer Thoughts from Rusty Stephens
Heavenly Father, we pray to you though your Son our Savior Jesus Christ.
Most, if not all of us have known at least one person if not numerous ones that don’t believe in your Son our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Some may be from our families or relatives or friends or acquaintances or perhaps someone we just met. When we try to talk to them about you Jesus, so often they will just deny you, tune out the message they are being told, or indicate that they have much more “important things” to be concerned with and can’t be bothered. It can be so disappointing, but we pray that they will see the life saving importance in you, Jesus, before it’s too late. At the same time when someone does open up and becomes a believer, how happy and rewarding it is for us to see this happen. As followers of you, Jesus, this is exactly what you want us to do.
One example of a situation, though it is not an actual case, happens in many forms. In this example are three college friends. Two are strong believers in Jesus and at age twenty, one is without faith. The two Christians have such a concern for the twenty year old non-believer that they want him also to be saved. So one day all three get together at their favorite eating hangout. There they start the usual conversation. After their meal the two start to ease into a conversation about Jesus and His free gift of salvation. After a number of minutes the twenty year old non-believer gets upset and tells them that he thought they met there to have fun. Even though the two explained their concern for him to also have everlasting life in Heaven, he rejects it saying, “I’m not going to stay here and listen to that.” So he gets up and walks out.
Jesus, when You came among the people in the Bible, you taught and showed through Your actions, the incredible love that God has for us. Then giving up Your life in such a torturous way on the cross, even though You lived a perfect and sin free life, with no guilt of any kind. Upon Your resurrection from death, the only way to that beautiful paradise called Heaven was opened. All who truly believe in you, Jesus, as their Savior and are genuinely sorry for all of the sins that they knowingly and unknowingly have committed, then in that sorrow asks you, Jesus, to forgive them, they will receive total forgiveness. Upon remaining with You throughout their life, they are guaranteed to receive that free gift from You, Jesus, of eternal life in Heaven.
Thank you so much, Jesus, for showing us that absolutely we have a just, but also loving and forgiving Father in Heaven, who wants all of us to be with Him. How can anyone turn that down or even delay coming to You, Jesus.
Now returning to our example: The two Christian friends were very disappointed, but hoped that there would be that future time when their twenty year old non-believing friend would find Jesus and believe. They had thoughts of trying again later when hopefully the time would be right.
Meanwhile the twenty year old was driving home still upset and wondering why his friends were worried about his not accepting Jesus. He thought, “It’s no big deal; I have my education to finish, to get that degree. Hopefully it will lead me into a good career. Also I want to find that special person in my life and marry her, eventually having children. I have too much going on in my life to worry about this Jesus. Besides, I have so many years of living before any of that should concern me. Right now I don’t have the time and can’t be bothered.”
All of a sudden a horrible accident. In the blink of an eye his life is over. His time has run out. Finishing his education and earning a degree will never happen. Finding that career and having a wife and children will never happen. But saddest and most importantly as scripture tells us, with his rejection of Jesus, receiving God’s forgiveness, and entering eternity into that beauty and joyfulness of Heaven, will never happen.
Only You God have known the date and very minute we were to be born. Only You God know the date and very minute we are to die. Only You God know how long we have to accept Jesus as our Savior before it’s too late. Never put off until tomorrow what can so easily be done today, because tomorrow in this life, may never come .
Lord In Your Mercy
Hear Our Prayer