Submit your prayer requests by emailing them to TLC@TrinityDowntown.com.
All prayers are kept on the list for a period of three weeks, so please resubmit long term prayer needs regularly.
Those Fighting Cancer
Gary L., Preston, David V., JoAnn and Allan, Lisa and Victor, Michael S., Jenny M., Jerry K., Barbara R., Jackie R., Mary, Doug H., Paul W., Rebecca M., Rita S., Alice, Brian, Jerry D., Corey, Cayden, Jeff M., Eva and Justin, Alex, Emma R., Annie B., Matt S., Joanna P., Matt B., Eva S., Barbara B., Mike T., Johnny N., Carolyn R., Mike R., Chip D., Doug, Brian, Jesiah M., Terry B., Susan, Noah
Hazel, Chuck, Karen E., Karen, Carol, Mike, Maggie B., Mark
Surgery and Recovery/Recently Hospitalized
- For the process, person, and provision of an associate pastor
- For Dale D.
- For LCC K-9 Comfort dogs traveling to Uvalde, Texas
- For those suffering from broken relationships
- John K.
- Caleb and friends
Peace and Comfort
- For the family and friends of Ann Bufkin
- For Linda at the loss of her husband
- For the family and friends of Jean Koivu
- For the Opheim family
- For the family and friends of Deputy Mike Milmerstadt
- For the Mimms family at the loss of their son
- For the Brittingham family
- For the Person family
- For the family and friends of Andy Riddle
- For the family and friends of Paula Bowman
- For Anna and Curtis after their loss
- For the family and friends of Eleanor DeFreze
- For the family and friends of Howard Soost
- For the family and friends of Ruth McKinney
- For the family and friends of Eden
- For the Gamble family at the loss of their son
- For the family and friends of Bud K.
- For the family and friends of Carol Dunn
For those prayers that have been shared in confidence, you know the details, Lord. We lift them up to you.
Our Trinity Missionaries
- Wasmund Family in East Asia
- Trump Family in Kenya
- Clausing Family in Tanzania
- Lehman Family in Puerto Rico
- Blessings on all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!
- Thanks and praise for those whose health has improved.
- Thanks and praise for the staff and leaders at Trinity!
For Our Communities - For Our Nation - For Our World
We pray for our nation, for our nation's leaders, for its people, and for our future together as one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all! We pray that we may all be a reflection of Christ's love, sharing grace and mercy, living in peace with one another. Reach out, listen, connect, and have those hard conversations. Love is first. Love wins.
- For world, state, and local leaders in decisions
- For all those caring for aging and/or ill family members in need
- Prayers for our CDC staff & families, Trinity membership, and all Trinity staff & leaders
- For all those struggling with mental health issues
- For all those troubled by depression and broken relationships
- For all those unable to attend church
- For all those serving in our military
- For the current war in Ukraine
- For those who have lost homes due to storms and for those who are homeless
Prayerful Thoughts from Rusty Stephens
For the prayer within, we pray in the name of your Son our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
A Christian is sitting in the waiting room of an office. Another person who is troubled walks in and sits nearby. After a while, the troubled one starts to talk to the Christian and in the conversation, it’s obvious that Jesus is unknown to this troubled person. Also you can tell that this person is in search of a solid foundation of trust and dependability in life, but has never found it. All the Christian does is wish the troubled one well and hopes that in the search answers will be found. Not one word mentioning Jesus was said. Sometime later the Christian finds out that this troubled one died and apparently never became a believer in Christ. Do you think that God may have placed this person next to the Christian so that their search may have led to to Christ? Perhaps this was the one and only time that this troubled person would have opened up and let the Holy Spirit come into their life to be saved through a belief in Jesus. How would you feel being a Christian if this had been you? Maybe God was depending on you.
Jesus, many Christians have a hard time talking about the greatest true story on earth. In this you sacrificed your life on the cross, setting us free from the terrible payment for our sins. Then the promise of joining you, Jesus, and all believers in a magnificent and wonderful place for eternity. Anyone who starts and continues to believe in you, Jesus, confesses all of their sins to you, and asks to be forgiven, then continues through the rest of their life being faithful to you, Jesus, is guaranteed entry into this paradise called Heaven.
Are we often afraid because of what people might say or think about us? Those fears in us could mean that we are not planting those seeds of faith into ones in need of it. Some might upon hearing about it be willing to accept Jesus as their savior, thus allowing the Holy Spirit to finish the job. Jesus, whenever our feelings may be hurt as some may reject what we have to say, please soothe and remind us of the many times that you were rejected while you were here on earth, with your largest rejection costing you your life. Sometimes though feeling rejected at the time, possibly in days, weeks, months, or even years, that planted seed of faith might sprout in that person, turning their life over to you, Jesus. For the ones that remain stubborn and continue for the rest of their lives to reject you, Jesus, they will pay a horrendous eternal price. Each person has to decide this for themselves; no one can do it for them. For all of us who keep our trust in you, Jesus, we know that we would not want to live life on earth without you, and that absolutely without you we could not live that wonderful life for eternity in Heaven.
Jesus, we ask for your forgiveness whenever we fail to tell others in need of this great news. Please give us the courage, the most persuasive words and actions, as well as compassion for ones in need of you. Then afterwards lead us to pray for them. Jesus, we know that this is very important, so important that it means saving lives, ETERNAL LIVES!
Lord In Your Mercy
Hear Our Prayer