Submit your prayer requests by emailing them to TLC@TrinityDowntown.com.
All prayers are kept on the list for a period of three weeks, so please resubmit long term prayer needs regularly.
Those Fighting Cancer
Sandy A., Mike R., Rev. Robert Besalski, Danny B., Linda B., Hank S., Penn M., Jay Z., Trevor S., Bob K., David K., Kim, Paul, JoAnn, Corrie H., Donald, Jim C., Diane R., Sigmond, Gary L., Preston, David V., JoAnn and Allan, Lisa and Victor, Michael S., Jenny M., Jerry K., Barbara R., Jackie R., Mary, Doug H., Paul W., Rebecca M., Rita S., Alice, Brian, Jerry D., Corey, Cayden, Jeff M., Eva and Justin, Alex, Emma R., Annie B., Matt S., Joanna P., Matt B., Eva S., Bud K., Barbara B., Mike T., Johnny N., Carolyn R.
Hazel, Chuck, Karen E., Curtis and Anna K., Lt. Joann Hardee, Pete, Kallesen family, Nancy R., Beth D., Kay A., Nichole B., Terry B.
Surgery and Recovery/Recently Hospitalized
Karen P., Trent C., Linda C., Gary T., Stephanie, Pam H.
- For the process, person, and provision of an associate pastor
- For those who serve in the military
- Joshua L.
- For those injured and grieving in Turkey and Syria
Peace and Comfort
- For the family and friends of Ruby Brooks
- For the family and friends of Nina Melecki
- For the family and friends of Robert Kasper
- For the family and friends of Chris Sord
- For Sheryl W. and family at the death of her grandson
- For the family and friends of Bert
- For the family and friends of Pastor Paul Hoyer
- Family and friends of Penn Marshall
- Family and friends of Cpl. Robert Guilfoyle
- Family and friends of Sherry Williams
- Family and friends of Rob Mamula
- Family and friends of Marilyn Blackwood
- Family and friends of Jim Bohlmany
- Family and friends of Lee Roby
- For Lee and Devon at the loss of their father
- For the family and friends of Karen
- For the family and friends of Sam Audeykiwics
- For the family and friends of John
- For the family and friends of Jan Fry
- Family and friends of John Collins
- For Tom M. at his father's passing
- For the Schmitz family
- For Wendy at the loss of her father
- For the Nagy family at the loss of Bernard
For those prayers that have been shared in confidence, you know the details, Lord. We lift them up to you.
Our Trinity Missionaries
- Wasmund Family in East Asia
- Trump Family in Kenya
- Clausing Family in Tanzania
- Lehman Family in Puerto Rico
- Blessings on all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!
- Thanks and praise for those whose health has improved.
- Thanks and praise for those who have returned safely from travels.
- Thank you for those who have graciously donated to the ministries of Trinity!
- Thanks and praise for the guidance and discernment of God!
For Our Communities - For Our Nation - For Our World
We pray for our nation, for our nation's leaders, for its people, and for our future together as one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all! We pray that we may all be a reflection of Christ's love, sharing grace and mercy, living in peace with one another. Reach out, listen, connect, and have those hard conversations. Love is first. Love wins.
- For world, state, and local leaders in decisions
- For all those caring for aging and/or ill family members in need
- Prayers for our CDC staff & families, Trinity membership, and all Trinity staff & leaders
- For all those struggling with mental health issues
- For all those troubled by depression and broken relationships
- For all those unable to attend church
- For all those serving in our military
- For the current war in Ukraine
- For those who have lost homes due to storms and for those who are homeless
Prayerful Thoughts from Rusty Stephens
Heavenly Father, we pray to You though your son our Savior Jesus Christ.
Through so much of the Old Testament in the Bible, you were angered by the people that did not follow you; their lives were filled with sin that they committed without sorrow or concern. Many worshiped false gods and ignored You, the only true God and Creator of all. In numerous instances, You destroyed the uncaring sinners; however at the same time You showed mercy to the ones that loved, worshiped, and were pleasing to you, Lord. Though they still committed sins, by having their belief in You, they were saved. At the same time, they knew and believed that a Savior was coming, as promised by you, God.
In the New Testament, your promise was kept, Lord. You sent your one and only son, Jesus Christ. He would live life perfectly without any sins and ultimately be the perfect sacrifice by giving up His life on the cross. Then on the third day, rise from death and ascend into heaven. We now know the Old Testament promise occurred through you, Jesus.
Since your sacrifice, Jesus, we can easily see that the world certainly has not improved. People go on physically and emotionally hurting others, lying, stealing, spreading rumors, retaliating, being selfish, and the list goes on. Included are many who don’t accept you, Jesus, as Lord and Savior. However it’s not only the nonbelievers that do these things, it’s also us. Sometimes we even let excesses in life become obsessions, that can become false gods, causing our focus to be taken away from you, Jesus. Please forgive us when we are tempted and drawn away from You.
One question: Are we really worth saving and why? We are so thankful, God, that you do think that we are worth saving; so much so that You sent your one and only son Jesus to provide for us the only way to be saved. No matter what we have done, when we are truly sorry for all of the wrongs that we have done and ask you, Jesus, to forgive us, we then receive that complete cleansing forgiveness from God our Heavenly Father. By remaining faithful to you, Jesus, we are blessed with the gift of Heaven for all of eternity.
That still leaves the why part of the question, God. Why would You do all of this for us? The answer can be summed up in one word, Love. The book of John chapter 3 verse 16 starts out, “For God so loved the world.” God, you have such an enormous capacity for love to all who believe in You and the saving grace of Your son, Jesus Christ. For Your amazing love given to us, we offer our most sincere thanks to you, God. A love that goes beyond any and all love that we could ever find in this world. A love that goes beyond our ability to comprehend. A love that for the faithful, no one, not even the devil can take away. A love that sent your one and only son Jesus Christ as our savior. A love that by sending your son Jesus, to be sacrificed for our disgustingly sinful lives, shows just how incredibly much that You want all of us to be with You forever. A love that if it were missing, no one would ever be able to enter the gates of that beautiful and wonderful eternal home, called Heaven.
Lord In Your Mercy
Hear Our Prayer.