Submit your prayer requests by emailing them to TLC@TrinityDowntown.com.
All prayers are kept on the list for a period of three weeks, so please resubmit long term prayer needs regularly.
Those Fighting Cancer
Jim C., Diane R., Sigmond, Gary L., Preston, David V., JoAnn and Allan, Lisa and Victor, Michael S., Jenny M., Jerry K., Barbara R., Jackie R., Mary, Doug H., Paul W., Rebecca M., Rita S., Alice, Brian, Jerry D., Corey, Cayden, Jeff M., Eva and Justin, Alex, Emma R., Annie B., Matt S., Joanna P., Matt B., Eva S., Bud K., Barbara B., Mike T., Johnny N., Carolyn R., Mike R., Chip D., Doug, Brian, Jesiah M.
Hazel, Chuck, Karen E., Stormy, Marie, Anna K., Gail K., Roger, Stephen H., Pat, Eleanor D., Dr. Ed, Susa F., Lisa H., Terry, Anna's teacher's mom, Cheryl, Janisse, Danielle, Noah, Umesh P., Pastor Weerts
Surgery and Recovery/Recently Hospitalized
Frank S., Helene D., Karen S., Judy
- For the process, person, and provision of an associate pastor
- For all students who are finishing up the school year
- For David
- For Pastor Craig
- For Myrt R.
- For Pierre's son
- For Hannah Y.
Peace and Comfort
- Family and friends of John Collins
- For Tom M. at his father's passing
- For the Schmitz family
- For the Nagy family at the loss of Bernard
- For the family and friends of Ann Bufkin
- For Linda at the loss of her husband
- For the family and friends of Jean Koivu
- For the family and friends of Sgt. Penny Warner
- For the Opheim family
- For the family and friends of Deputy Mike Milmerstadt
- For the Mimms family at the loss of their son
- For the Brittingham family
- For the Person family
- For the family and friends of Andy Riddle
- For the family and friends of Paula Bowman
- For Anna and Curtis after their loss
- For the family and friends of Eleanor DeFreze
- For the family and friends of Howard Soost
- For the family and friends of Ruth McKinney
- For the family and friends of Eden
For those prayers that have been shared in confidence, you know the details, Lord. We lift them up to you.
Our Trinity Missionaries
- Wasmund Family in East Asia
- Trump Family in Kenya
- Clausing Family in Tanzania
- Lehman Family in Puerto Rico
- Blessings on all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!
- Thanks and praise for those whose health has improved.
- Thanks and praise for the staff and leaders at Trinity!
- Thanks for Vanessa's acceptance into PT school!
- Thanks from Chuck that he can visit Sam!
For Our Communities - For Our Nation - For Our World
We pray for our nation, for our nation's leaders, for its people, and for our future together as one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all! We pray that we may all be a reflection of Christ's love, sharing grace and mercy, living in peace with one another. Reach out, listen, connect, and have those hard conversations. Love is first. Love wins.
- For world, state, and local leaders in decisions
- For all those caring for aging and/or ill family members in need
- Prayers for our CDC staff & families, Trinity membership, and all Trinity staff & leaders
- For all those struggling with mental health issues
- For all those troubled by depression and broken relationships
- For all those unable to attend church
- For all those serving in our military
- For the current war in Ukraine
- For those who have lost homes due to storms and for those who are homeless
Prayerful Thoughts from Rusty Stephens
For the prayer within, we pray in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
When we were very young many of us became familiar with children’s books and fairy tales. Many of which started out wonderfully, but then a threat or problem arose. Eventually the bad situation was resolved and the wonderful times returned. A large number of the stories would end with, “and they all lived happily ever after.” The “happily ever after” was only until the next book or that same book was read again bringing back difficult times.
Isn’t life that way? We are moving along in life with things going well and then something happens bringing about difficulties. There’s many that can happen but may include money shortages, loss of hours or even the whole job, sickness in the family or friends, losing a dear loved one or friend, or perhaps a combination of problems. Jesus, as these difficulties close in on us, we really need your help so much.
God, you originally created a place on earth that was meant to be wonderful and “happily ever after.” But temptation entered in from the devil; then though Adam and Eve’s eating the forbidden fruit from that single “off limits tree” in the garden, the “happily ever after” disappears and difficulties emerge. Ever since then the wonderful times have not been consistent; however you, Lord, have not abandoned your followers and are there for us in all times and situations. God, we thank you so much for not leaving or forsaking us, but instead loving and staying with us.
Heavenly Father, it seems as we go through life that the “happily ever after” times will never come. You told us in scripture that it would not come in this life because of our sins and the sins of the world. Lord, can we ever get to that point?
God, you told us absolutely yes and showed us how. Because of your amazing love you blessed us so richly by sending your one and only son, Jesus Christ, who would live a life without sin, thus becoming the one and only sacrifice that would remove all of the sins from believers in Him. You, Jesus, in your incredible love for all of us, gave up your perfect life in a very torturous and painful death on the cross. Then you defeated the devil and death by rising from the grave and opening the only way to Heaven when you ascended to join your Father in Heaven.
Heavenly Father, for all of us who accept and believe in Jesus as our Savior, then being truly sorry for all of our sins and confessing those to Jesus, along with asking Him for us to be forgiven, guaranteed, we will receive total forgiveness which clears away every sin that we have ever committed in our lives. When our lives on earth come to an end, you Jesus, will take us to our heavenly home. There we will be in the presence of our Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, along with all believers including our faithful loved ones. As you promised, Lord, this will be a grand place totally free from the devil and any and all sins, with magnificent beauty filled with all of the love, joy, happiness, and wonderfulness that we could ever receive.
Thank you very much, Jesus, for what you went through and did for us, so that we could be blessed with all of this. Now finally we can say, “and we will all live happily ever after,” FOREVER!
Lord In Your Mercy
Hear Our Prayer