Hello Tulita Families!
We are entering the holiday season and there are some helpful tips that can support families through the ups and downs of daily life. We hope that the holidays are filled with caring connections within your families and around the community.
7 Caring Connection Tips for the Holiday Season:
1. Take responsibility for your own feelings including upset. This will teach your children to be responsible for their own behavior.
2. Offer compassion to yourself and others. Perceiving yourself and others compassionately will help you enter any conflict situation or moment of upset from a conscious brain state.
3. Create images of expected behavior in your children’s brain. Do this by always focusing on what you want your children TO DO.
4. Connect with and guide your children instead of forcing and coercing.
5. Respond to what life offers instead of attempting to make the world go your way.
6. See the best in your children even when it feels hard. This will help you respond instead of react.
7. Teach a new skill rather than punishing your children for lacking skills you think they should possess by now.
With Kindness & Gratitude,
Vice President, Tulita PTA