Fall in Johnson County
November kicks off the holidays. The pace of life seems to pick up even as our gardens slow down. We offer these tips to help you through the season.
- Turkey Tips: Thanksgiving is usually a big production. But let's talk turkey. Which is better, fresh or frozen? Should you wash the bird before you roast it? Is stuffing still safe? And what is the minimum internal temperature recommended by the USDA?
- Spending Tips: Black Friday now starts waaayyy earlier. Follow these tips to help keep your holiday spending within your budget.
- Cultural Differences: Our youth development program looks for ways to encourage families to enrich their life experiences. Find out how one family grew their understanding of another culture from the other side of the globe.
- Medicare: It's confusing. Really confusing. And, if you are not careful and follow the regulations, you can incur penalties that last the rest of your life. One-on-one help is available at our office. Or, you can take a class.
All this is available and more, in this edition of
Knowledge for Life
More Extension News
There are a few remaining end-of-season yard chores you should take care of before you put the mower or fertilizer spreader away for the year: Check out these November lawn, garden and wildlife tips to help make your outdoor fall chores a little easier:
- November lawn fertilization,
- Kill spring weeds now,
- Rake less,
- Prepare spring gardens now,
- Wildlife activity: Mice, squirrel, deer and more.