GMS Tip of the Month
Using a Script to Crush Sales Calls
Sales scripts are powerful. Used wrongly, they can completely derail your efforts, but used well, they are your roadmap to success. Here are some important tips for sales scripts.
Outline what you’d like to say, hitting all the important points from introduction to conversion.
Think of a sales script as a way to navigate a conversation, rather than something to memorize and repeat.
Choose a good time to call or visit, which studies have to be 3-5 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for calls.
On the call remember these important points:
- Don’t be sketchy about who you are or why you’re calling. Mystery buys time but can bite you later.
- Don’t talk at your prospect. Use questions to connect early on.
- Don’t give up if you don’t reach them the first time. Persistence pays.
- Don’t just use the phone; Followup with email to increase your success.
- Do demonstrate how well you know their pains.