The Central CT Chambers of Commerce is partnering with CBIA, the Connecticut Hospital Association and United Way of Connecticut 211 to secure donations of personal protective equipment such as N95 masks, medical supplies, and other supplies from businesses and organizations across the state.
Unfortunately, the shortage of critical supplies is hampering the response to the coronavirus pandemic and endangering the health and safety of those on the front lines of this fight.
Many in the business community have in stock, or access to, supplies that can be used in hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare providers in the state.
Most-needed Items include:
- Nasal swabs
- Surgical masks
- N95 respirator masks
- Disposable face shields
- Protective eyewear/goggles
- Protective gowns
- Disposable gloves—sterile and non-sterile
- Disposable head covers/Caps
- Powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs)
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfection wipes and liquids
- Bleach cleaning wipes
- General purpose hand cleansers
- Digital thermometers and covers
There are two ways to donate:
- To donate to a specific hospital in your area, please email CHA’s Brian Cournoyer, at Cournoyer@chime.org and he will connect you with hospital staff.
- To donate to the general hospital fund in Connecticut, please follow this link: 211-Medical Supply Donations ( https://uwc.211ct.org/coronavirus-covid-19-information/ )
In this time of crisis, we stand together and ask that you help support and protect our healthcare providers by donating supplies.