If you have interest in serving our chapter in a leadership role, please contact Ken Mock, chapter president. Board positions including Officer and Director roles will be voted on during the Annual Chapter Meeting to be held in September. At that meeting all positions will be presented along with those chapter members who have volunteered to serve those roles. Names will also be accepted from the floor during the meeting...before the vote.
You might be interested in one of these positions:
– managing our books, cutting a few checks each month, making deposits of checks and cash, handling credit transactions, issuing P&Ls, and being onsite during each meeting to accept donations and conduct sales of items (hats, shirts, raffle tickets, etc.)
– at each of our four board meetings take comprehensive notes of our discussions and votes. Publish a summary soon after for all board members.
– work with the President to secure up to 10 guest speakers (Jan-Sept) for our monthly chapter meetings.
– coordinate the annual fundraiser and oversee the collection of live and silent auction prizes. Organize one or more special seasonal raffles of fishing and other gear.
– organize our chapter fishing trips to regional streams and rivers across the South.
– oversee the growth of the chapter by way of leading membership activities at local events and manning the welcome table at all chapter meetings.
– work with our area youth and other groups including managing the annual Rizzio Clinic and Women’s Fly Fishing Clinic.
If you’d rather help out on a committee, just let committee chair know and jump right in. If you haven’t served – ask yourself why.