COVID has changed many activities this year including Midyear. Instead of meeting face to face and walking endless miles through displays and people, Midyear is now virtual. The dates are the same as in the past, December 6-10, 2020.
For those of you considering residencies ASHP Midyear is still the place to start. Below is additional information to help you decide if you will attend virtually this year.
· ASHP members (students, technicians, residents): FREE
*For University of Charleston School of Pharmacy Students - If you designated your primary organization as ASHP/SSHP for fall 2020, paid the $10 local dues, and have an account activated through ASHP, you could attend the 2020 Midyear for FREE! See Rajveer Kaur from the UCSOP/SSHP chapter for more details.
· Early Bird (purchase on or before Nov. 6th): $249
· Regular (Nov. 7th and after): $299
· Retired: $145
· 175+ contact hours for CEU are available
· 150+ continuing education activities for pharmacy students, technicians, residents, directors, and current practitioners
· Home Study features 126 self-paced learning modules (some worth CEU’s while some not). The home study feature will be active until March 01, 2021 to allow registrants to complete CEU’s at his or her own pace. Each virtual day will feature similar modules that are pre-recorded and live.
· Module topics range from interview skills, compounding, COVID-19, pharmacotherapy, pharmacy policy, informatics, etc.
Opening keynote speaker: Tom Hanks, a recent COVID-19 survivor, will discuss how important frontline healthcare workers are in the delivery of care during this pandemic.
Residency Showcase: Pharmacy students interested in residency can lookup program information, explore the Personnel Placement Service (PPS), and review pharmacy practice poster sessions. During the live-chat hours, residency programs will have scheduled live-chat Q&A. Use the exhibitor list and program listing portal to view which time slot the residency you are looking for is exhibiting in. Each residency program is presenting during ONE time slot. If some of your residency time slots occur at the same time, politely request an individualized time slot with a representative from that residency. Some programs will only be available for PPS, and they may charge an additional fee to schedule an individual interview. Ask appropriate questions that you have thought of ahead of time. In other words, investigate the programs before contacting them. Virtual live chats will be hectic; be courteous of others and professional always!
It is recommended that only the graduating Class of 2021 attend the residency showcase as program directors will have limited time to speak to P1-3 students. Students not actively seeking a residency are encouraged to wait until the second half of sessions to enter the showcase.
Residency Showcase schedule:
Monday, December 7
3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. (EST)
Tuesday, December 8
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. (EST)
3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. (EST)
Networking opportunities are available via live-chat feature.
Board Recertification home study activities (separate fee for recertification credit): Earn between 4-6 hours of recertification credit by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) in partnership with the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP). Once registered, select the BPS certification(s) you currently hold, then dive into various intense clinical study sessions suited to your certification. For non-midyear registered individuals, the fee is $50 to obtain the 4-6 hours of recertification credit. This price will expire on Dec. 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. (EST). BPS recertification options: BCPS, BCPPS, BCOP, BCGP, BCCCP, BCACP.
* Those who claimed recertification credit for BCACP, BCGP, and BCOP at the 2020 ACCP Annual Meeting cannot claim this credit more than once.
ASHP members have free access to InterviewStream, an online resource to prepare students, residents, and practicing pharmacists in interview skills. This program offers practice questions!
Submitted by: Tristan Maynard (P4)
Reference: https://www.ashp.org/Meetings-and-Conferences/Midyear-Clinical-Meeting-and-Exhibition [ashp.org]