Take Care Utah did hours of outreach during the festival to help better connect people to health insurance and care.
This year's festival aimed to highlight these startling facts about Utah:
- Utah is home to 879,000 children, which is approximately 30% of our state's population. 71,000 or 7% of these kids are uninsured, which is higher than the national average.
- A disproportionate percentage of uninsured kids in Utah are Latino - the highest in the nation.
- The Latino kids uninsured rate is directly related to a health disparity - Latino/Hispanic kids are twice as likely to be uninsured than White kids.
- Utah's kids uninsured rate increased last year, we are 1 of only 9 states to do so.
- We are going in the wrong direction, largely due to health disparities that exist among Latino/Hispanic children. UHPP supports 100% coverage for all kids regardless of immigration status, geography, background, or income level.