UNU-ONY Internship Opportunities
United Nations University is a global institution, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It is an agency of the United Nations, serves as a think tank and university of the UN, and aims to bridge the gap between policy makers and academia.
UNU-ONY showcases the work of UNU around the world, to the UN System, the Permanent Missions, academia, NGOs, foundations, etc.
Junior Fellows' Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Junior Fellows range widely, encompassing many aspects of UNU-ONY's work. These responsibilities fit into the following aspects:
Junior Fellows organize public seminars and invitation-only forums to showcase UNU's research and work from different UNU institutes and programmes around the world, and promote a dialogue around global issues relevant to the UN. Responsibilities of event organizers include liaising with speakers, preparing interview scripts, planning the agenda, arranging media coverage, conducting background research and other responsibilities as needed.
Responsibilities include maintaining the website, blog and new media portals of UNU-ONY, conducting and moderating discussion during live webcasts, disseminating publicity/informative materials via social networking and new media avenues.
Multimedia and IT
Responsibilities include filming events and interviews, editing and organizing video and audio files of events and interviews, conducting live webcast of events, updating the website contents, and other technical support if required.
Fundraising and Development
Junior Fellows assist with fundraising, development and other related work as required.
Junior Fellows are also responsible for general office work and administrative support, building database of experts, assisting in the recruitment process of Junior Fellows for the following session, as well as research assistance if needed.
Please note: the Junior Fellows position requires a full-time commitment. These are unpaid positions.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Advanced level of English required (spoken and written)
* Ability to work in a team
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Web 2.0
* Strong writing and analytical skills
* Knowledge of at least two official UN languages desirable
* Master's degree within relevant subjects preferred
How to apply:
Step 1: Complete the application form that can be found at http://www.ony.unu.edu/internships
Step 2: Upload the following application materials online:
- Cover letter: in the letter, please indicate which areas you will be interested in working
- 1-3 page writing sample in English
- 1-3 page writing sample in another language, preferably in French, Spanish or other UN official languages
- Scanned version of the complete form (signed and stamped) from your nominating institution. This form is applicable to candidates seeking internship as part of their current studies. This form can be downloaded at www.ony.unu.edu/internships
Step 3: Send two letters of recommendation to UNU-ONY by email at email@example.com (Subject line: "Reference Letter - Candidate's Last Name, First Name ")
Back to top