March 13, 2020
Dear Mercy Family,
THANK YOU, Mercy students, parents and staff for your continued patience and understanding as we continue to evaluate all of these changes and directives in school instructional time. We are truly grateful to have such a supportive community!
This morning we were informed, as were all AOD and independent Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Detroit, that we are
required to comply with mandated calendar changes that were given to us by Superintendent Kevin Kijewski on behalf of the Archbishop of Detroit.
Due to these mandated changes, the Mercy schedule will be as follows:
- As directed by the AOD, no school in session Monday, March 16 - Friday, March 20. The Mercy High School building and campus will be closed until Sunday, April 5.
- Online instruction will run Monday, March 23 - Friday, April 3 and follow the E-LEARNING rotating Maroon/Gold schedule. The E-LEARNING Policy can be found here, and the E-LEARNING Daily Schedule here. Further guidance will soon be provided for online learning teacher and student expectations. Additional resources will be posted on our developing E-LEARNING web page here.
- As of now, all extra-curricular activities, athletics and events are suspended until further notice.
- Provided there is no extension or modification of state or AOD mandated orders, students and staff will return to school on Monday, April 6.
- We are allotting scheduled Sweepstakes goal days off for Wednesday, April 8, Monday, April 13 and Tuesday, April 14.
Please note we are carefully reviewing our
Mercy School Life calendar
to make accommodations and adjustments that align to our learning model, schedule and events. This plan is fluid and there surely will be updates in the coming days and weeks. We are committed to communicating with you about life at Mercy and details in regard to
and the School Life calendar.
We are in a new, unprecedented and challenging time for which much is outside our control. We understand you need to do what is best for your family and personal health at this time. Let us keep each other in prayer. We are so grateful for YOU, our Mercy Family.
Together, WE ARE MERCY!
Mercy High School Administration