TRINITY LUTHERAN WILL BE SUSPENDING
ALL CORPORATE GATHERINGS
MARCH 15 to APRIL 1
(This includes both youth events scheduled
offsite for tomorrow)
We want to protect any in our community with compromised immune systems and do all we can to limit exposure and flatten the social spread.
Following the encouragement of
our government officials and our Synod Bishop
we believe the best next steps are to be abundantly cautious about public gatherings, create time and space to thoroughly disinfect our building, find creative ways to connect virtually and be the best possible disciples and partners to those in our community who need extra support and care during this time.
WHAT WILL BE HAPPENING:
- Another Constant Contact with resources for in-home worship will be coming out by the end of the day today.
- Someone will be staffing the office from 9am to 2pm Monday through Thursday during these 2 weeks.
- Sandy and Missie are available for any pastoral care needs by email or cell phone anytime.
- We'll be cross posting on FB and the Trinity website, but please help us spread the word.
WHAT WE CAN DO AS COMMUNITY:
- Stay home, enjoy the blessing of unstructured family time!
- Check in on your neighbors, especially anyone who is elderly or with compromised immunity.
- Check in with friends who may not be able to "work from home"...who may need assistance with their children while they are off of school.
- Go buy a gift card to local restaurants and shops to use later and help them through this time of financial strain.
- Connect with the school district and offer to help at meal hand outs for kiddos and their families who rely on the school meal programs.
- Trinity will be working this week to help facilitate a system for gathering names of folks to help with these above needs, or to help gather needed supplies (groceries etc) for those most impacted by this time of quarantines and closures.
- Be considerate of the whole community when you shop...buy only what you need, love on the cashiers and stock people, be patient and calm.
- Be well, be kind, love each other.