The outside lanes of I-264 east, also known as the I-264 east collector-distributor road (CD road), are scheduled to close nightly at the I-64 interchange for the next week, beginning at 10 p.m. tonight, April 11.
The nightly closures will allow crews to set girders over the roadway for construction of the new I-64 west ramp to I-264 east.
To bypass the closure, signs will detour traffic from the CD road to I-64 east and the Indian River Road exit. Vehicles will be directed back to I-64 west from Indian River Road and to the exit for I-264 east and Newtown Road.
- Drivers will still be able to access Exit 15 for Newtown Road using this detour.
- Motorists traveling I-264 east toward Virginia Beach who are not destined for the Newtown Road exit are urged to remain on the I-264 east mainline lanes (inside set) to avoid the detour on the CD road.
- Exit 284B from I-64 east will also be closed during this operation. Traffic for that exit will also be detoured to Indian River Road.
The detour is scheduled to be in place during the following hours:
- Thursday, April 11: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Friday, April 12: 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Saturday, April 13: 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Sunday, April 14, to Thursday, April 18: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (ending Friday a.m.)