Dear Friends and Neighbors:
UPDATE on Power Outages
- We are aware of some specific areas that have lost power today. This includes portions of Wilchester, Wilchester West, Yorkshire, and other nearby neighborhoods. This outage was due to a line malfunction and CenterPoint Energy and HFD on currently on scene restoring power. Power should be back on soon.
- As of this point in time, no one's power has been turned off intentionally. If you have lost power, it is likely due to a downed line, transformer, or an issue at a substation, etc. In these instances, CenterPoint is working to restore power as soon as possible. If you signed up to receive text alerts from CenterPoint, you probably already got an email or text informing you of the power outage and giving an estimate of when it will be back up and running. If not, please see #6 below.
- As of this point in time, there has been no decision made to turn off any one's power. Whether you have flood waters in your house or not, no decision has been made as of this time to turn off your electrical service.
- In the near term, we do anticipate decisions being made to turn off power at select locations, limited to where the homes are flooded, and where there is a risk of fire or electrocution. No wide-scale outages are anticipated. Rather, these decisions will be made on a house by house, block by block, neighborhood by neighborhood basis.
- Council Member Travis has received assurances that they will give notice of any decision to intentionally turn off any one's power, and we will immediately share that information with you in another email.
- If you have lost power, please visit CenterPoint's outage center to find information regarding your power outage: http://gis.centerpointenergy.com/outagetracker/?WT.ac=OC_Image_Callout You can also call CenterPoint Customer Service at 713-207-2222 or 800-332-7143