Dear Parents & Community Members,
We've been busy preparing for another outstanding year of learning for our students and can't wait to see everyone when they return to school next Thursday!
It is an honor to serve as your Superintendent Chief Learning Officer of the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. We are an award-winning school district dedicated to ensuring the academic and emotional success of each of our students. Students are the focus of all decisions at TTUSD. We provide "Pathways to Possibilities and Student Success" so each student is provided challenging and engaging learning opportunities.
We strive to ensure that every student has meaningful connections and relationships at their school, and feel safe, comfortable, and ready for success. Our strong relationships reach beyond the kids and include our entire community. We are so thankful for our partnerships with parents and our community. Our amazing community partnerships enable us to provide a rich, diverse, and comprehensive educational experience for our scholars and take advantage of our outdoor classroom.
We have many programs in place to ensure our students are ready for college, career, and life by the time they graduate.
Some highlights of our programs:
- We offer a variety of high-quality Career Technical Education (CTE) Pathways. Our CTE Pathways combine rigorous academics and hands-on learning experiences with real-world application. Each pathway provides opportunities for internships, job shadows, workplace visits, industry certifications and competitions. The content of pathway courses is highly challenging while including hands-on learning from experts in the Tahoe Truckee community. Scholars explore college options, career opportunities and develop key competencies, such as problem-solving, innovation, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication, which are necessary skills to thrive in today's 21st-century workplace.
Our pathways include:
Emergency Response Pathway
Engineering Technology Pathway
Engineering Manufacturing Pathway
Engineering Design Pathway
Information Technology Pathway
Culinary - Food Service & Hospitality Pathway
- Our scholars have access to 15 Advanced Placement (AP) courses at our comprehensive high schools, including Biology, Physics, Environmental Science, and Computer Science. AP classes are designed to prepare students for the rigor of college-level work and post-graduate success. We are very proud of our high number of offerings despite our small school sizes as it rivals high schools in large cities. Thank you Measure A, for funding this outstanding program.
- We have a very successful 1:1 technology program thanks to support from the Excellence in Education Foundation. All students in grades five through 12 receive their own Chromebook for the school year to use in class and at home for their school work. This personal device is to support the day-to-day instruction and learning and supports teachers as they integrate educational technology throughout their lesson plans. (Fourth graders are part of our 1:1 program as well, but the devices do not go home with them.)
- We begin our fourth year of Athlete Committed, a program that supports our athletes, coaches, and parents. Athlete Committed is a community partnership designed to optimize athletic performance and health and wellness by educating athletes on the impact of nutrition, sleep, character, stress, and chemical health. Student-athlete leaders play an integral role in the implementation and promotion of this program. They promote the model, participate in training their peers, and support their fellow athletes on and off the field.
Changing Roles/New Leadership!
-Logan Mallonee, former Assistant Principal, is the new Principal of Truckee High School following Mr. Carlson's retirement.
John Neuberger has been appointed Assistant Principal of Truckee High School.
School site upgrades!
A great deal of work has been underway the past few years on facility improvement projects funded by Measures E and U. Construction is underway at three of our elementary schools and Truckee High School.
- The Tahoe Lake Elementary project involves major renovation of the school which was originally constructed in 1934. The historic core is being preserved while classrooms are modernized, and new classrooms are built to replace existing modulars.
- The Kings Beach Elementary School project involves a major renovation of the school building and site including upgrades to the existing school building infrastructure, modernization of the existing buildings including technology infrastructure, construction of new classrooms, and security upgrades.
- The Truckee Elementary School project involves a major renovation of the school building and site including upgrades to the existing school building infrastructure, modernization of the existing buildings including technology infrastructure, construction of new classrooms including a new hands-on science lab, expansion and relocation of the school library, construction of a new cafeteria and kitchen, and security upgrades.
- The Truckee High School project involves renovation of the school building and site and the construction of a new two-story classroom wing that just opened and houses science and technology programs. Other upgrades include construction of a new library, the modernization of the girls' locker room, enhancing the front facade, reconfiguring and expanding the band area, improving and expanding student gathering areas, improving bus and student drop-off areas, and improving the parking layout.
Thank you to the Tahoe Truckee community for our generous support to make
these much-needed upgrades a reality for our students.
It is going to be a great school year! We are committed to academic success for all students and we will continue to build even more pathways to possibilities in our district and at each of our schools.
Robert J. Leri, Ed.D.