UPDATED PROCESS: Wholesale Return Requests
As Ohio Liquor communicated to wholesale Agencies yesterday, returns of unopened high proof liquor products purchased within the past 30 days as a way to provide economic assistance to bar and restaurant owners during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This courtesy also extends to those who may have obtained a temporary permit (F2) for an event, scheduled between March 12, 2020 and April 6, 2020, and that event is now cancelled. If large gatherings are banned beyond April 6, 2020, the Division will continue to allow those F2 permit holders to return unopened product purchased for the event.
Ohio Liquor has worked to create the following process to help ease the burden on wholesale Agencies that may be experiencing a large volume of returned product.
All wholesale Agencies should begin immediately following the below process when handling wholesale or F2 permit holder returns. The Division of Liquor Control will process the refunds to the wholesale account/F2 permit holder, and payments will be made by JobsOhio Beverage System as soon as possible. DO NOT provide a refund to the wholesale account/F2 permit holder directly.
- Provide this form to the wholesale account/F2 permit holder to complete. This form will also be available on OHLQ.com, Ops.OHLQ.com, and com.ohio.gov/liqr. This form includes the following fields that must be completed:
- Agency name
- Agency number
- Permit holder DBA
- Permit number
- Permit holder point of contact
- Permit holder POC phone number
- Permit holder POC email address
- Returned item information
- Brand name
- Brand code
- Note: large quantities may be completed in an excel spreadsheet and attached to the form.
- Refund preference
- Check (Wholesale account/F2 permit holder must include an address to mail the refund)
- ACH (The Division of Liquor Control will contact the wholesale account/F2 permit holder to collect the required information)
- Once the form is complete, the Agency must validate that the returned items are saleable and match the provided list.
- Once validated, the Agency and wholesale account/F2 permit holder will sign and date the form.
- The Agency will then scan or take a photo of the form and email it to the Liquor Enterprise Service Center (LESC).
Agencies should restock their retail shelves with any returned wholesale products that are active items as they are received. Wholesale only items should be held in the Agency's backroom.