The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is urging Catholics to contact their U.S. representatives before this week’s vote to oppose the attempt to enshrine abortion on demand in federal law.
In response to the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey, Speaker Pelosi has scheduled another House vote to try to impose nationwide abortion on demand through the so-called Women’s Health Protection Act, H.R. 8296.
Among other extreme actions, this most radical abortion bill ever seen would:
- Impose abortion on demand nationwide throughout every stage of pregnancy
- Eliminate existing pro-life laws nationally AND in every state and local government
- Force Americans to financially support abortions in the U.S. & abroad
- Likely force health care providers to participate in abortions against their beliefs
- Likely force employers and insurers to cover or pay for abortion
Please contact your representatives today to let them know this bill must never become law.
To send your message, please click below: